TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

working on my dad's site.

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 18th 2002#27426 Report
I by no means consider myself advanced, but i like to think so :P

anyways, my dad's work has a realllllllllllllllly crappy website, and he asked me to re design it when i first got into photoshop.

I had come up with some crap page and i finally found the address and i was wondering if you guys liked the colors scheme and the title (the tool bar and content part is crappy but i think you get where i was going)

his site now: www.cbtcpa.com

my site: http://cbtcpa.tripod.com

any suggestions?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 19th 2002#27501 Report
The latter is a definite improvement over the former. The only things I can think of are to not underline the text in the header graphic and maybe spice it up a little bit more, such as the menu is done. Nice start...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 19th 2002#27511 Report
Definitately looks better. I like the gold, but it is a little hard to read against the white background. You might want to try filling in the boxes with another color and see how that works.

i am sure your dad and his coworkers will like it much better than there old site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 19th 2002#27512 Report
imho both aren't good

the one you made had a realy bad navigation, its real hard to read.

the site is also not a site, i mean its just some .gifs, its not one thing. [ if you know what i mean ]

I think the one your dad is using now is much more easy on the eyes. Navigation is easy to read .

And i wouldn't use a bold type of text in the whole content.

Need work..

good luck
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2002#27646 Report
Well could you first make another background? maybe some really light grey colour with some big faded letters ?
The menu buttons should be re-made..They are ugly..
Don't make them rectangular, make at least rounded corners.

The line that is between the menu and the text should be much smoother.

Overall it's ok, but needs some adjustments. But a improvement from the last "design".
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2002#27651 Report
Like the others said, the navigation, address, and phone number images are way too small to read. You also need a lot more contrast between the text and the background.

The title of the site up at the top looks like a banner ad, and will most likely be automatically skipped over. I would have, if the site wasn't posted here for critique. Most experienced web users have made a habit of skipping over things that look like banner ads, so don't make your site look like one!

Your text stretches on for a really long ways and is hard to read. Consider making it a set width and just padding it with whitespace. And use bold very sparingly.

And like Sire said, the site doesn't really fit together, everything is just kind of thrown around and it doesn't really look like it belongs together.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2002#27673 Report
better fonts!
also i think the yellow gradient bars are kinda sloppy looking and as deker said, that title bar looks too much like an ad, i thought it was until he said something about it. Maybe you should try making it take up the entire top of the page and have the fonts bigger and more spread out.

Another thing i dont really know how to describe is that all of the images are small and hard to read (i.e. the buttons) and theres alot of white space between the images. why not fill up that white space by making the images bigger, and at the same time easier to read?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2002#27688 Report
Why do you have that UGLY green border? :confused: Either use rounded corners or remove it!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2002#27689 Report
or the border would at least look better if it was a straight 90 degree angle and not that random shape, it doesnt really go with the site :/
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum