TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Hamilton Church Mock-up

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jan 6th 2002#26075 Report
Hello folks.

I've been working on this for a little while... it's for my local church.

With some helpful input from pank, I've tweaked it to where I'm pretty much completely happy with it. So basically just let me know if you see any problems with it or if you think it will be confusing to navigate or anything.

It's just a mock-up so it isn't sliced or HTMLized or anything yet. Still have to get it "approved" by the church. (like they would complain about something they are getting for free... ) There will be more links down the lower left side and so forth. But you get the idea.

If the text looks a little blurry in the nav bars it's because I saved it as a JPEG for the mock-up. It will look much nicer when completed.

http://www.openfridge.com/HamiltonDraft05.jpg

(75k)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2002#26078 Report
LOVE it!

Very classy, and smooth. I like the soft color scheme with the deep red, it gives a great visual contrast...

I also like how the text over the flower leads my eye into the body text.. well though out.

Its a winner Dek.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2002#26089 Report
I told you it was good dek.

Your client should be very pleased with it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2002#26092 Report
Hey.. You stole my design!!!

kidding deker... Now thats one of the best and different designs I've seen on the board. Good job
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2002#26094 Report
Deker: you did a great job! I think that is alot better from what you showed me. You did a great job with coming up with a solution for fixing the bottom left text.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2002#26097 Report
wootness for Dek. Nice work bud...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2002#26100 Report
nice integration of color, image, content, and type. that must mean it is a nice design!

a few things...

-you haven't indicated how the subpages will be different from or similar to the homepage.

-the user's options have been split into two places - along the top and in the lower left side. how was it decided how these should be split? which options will be carried along to subpages? to me it looks like the top options lead to pages that will rarely change and the side options will lead to content that changes often. is that correct? keep in mind that it looks like the lower left nav will not be above the fold at 800x600.

-i understand the large column of text is filler text, but what content will fill that space when the site launches? will it be up-to-date information or will it always remain the same (like a church 'mission statement')? i am all about pulling frequently updated content onto the homepage to keep it fresh. i would figure out what kind of content will appear there and mock it up as close as possible when continuing work on this design.

i do like it. when designing websites you always need to ask yourself...what would jesus do? (jk!)

i am interested to see your continuing progress on this, so keep us in the loop!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2002#26116 Report
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Charm,

I will probably put the sub-page identifier under the red navbar. I haven't really gotten that far though, so I'll have to figure something out.

Yes, that is the way I divided the navigation. Also first-time visitors or non-members interested about the church would want to visit those sections first, so I made them more prominent and really easy to get to. The second section is for things that will be updated, as well as things that will most likely only be of interest to members of the church. No, they won't all be above the fold, but I can't really do anything else without doing a pixel font, which old-folks wouldn't be able to read. But as long as some of them are visible, I think people will know that it keeps going and they can scroll down a little more. But if you have a better idea, by all means let me know.

As for front-page content, I was either going to have a "summary" of the sections of the site... Or a welcome message or something like that. The most often updated info would be the announcements or something like that, but I don't really think that should be on the front page. I would think the front page should reach out to non-members the most. To welcome them. The members will be return visitors... and will already know where they want to go. Plus this thing is going to be updated by people that aren't necessarily computer savvy, so I need to keep the updates as few and easy to do as possible. It would be great if I could run the whole thing off a database or something, but I don't have the know-how to do that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2002#26118 Report
yep, i really love it too...

really classy. I love all the colors, fontcolor is nice too.
Everything just fits...

real nice work.
Happy slicing...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2002#26120 Report
WooHoo! Go Deker! Awesome design. So, after this you're gonna start bringin' home the bacon?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum