TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

paintballxtreme - class project

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Dec 2nd 2001#22067 Report
get rid of those camo squares on the left... it don't look right..
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 2nd 2001#22083 Report
the camo squares are going to be mouseovers and once you put the mouse over them the camo crap goes away and the picture is clearer........

can anyone guess what the picture in the first camo square is?

I don't like the colors.......but not too bad

hmm.. well what exactly do you not like about it? what do you think would look better?

can be way better... make a work of it

well... can you give me any suggestions? saying "make it better" doesnt give me any ideas of how :p

the main thing is where im going to put the content. ive yet to figure it out, if anyone has some ideas please share them

edit-
updated, changed some stuff, fixed the left buttons. check it now

www.geocities.com/killer46051/index.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 3rd 2001#22120 Report
did you know that screenshotting a website for your own use is illegal?? you'll have to get permission from the owner first!!

and move the left navigation all the way to the left... whats the gap for??
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 3rd 2001#22186 Report
i dont think pank will care. if anything it helps promote the site... and even if he does care i doubt i will change it because its not something im going to use or post on the web, its just a small button for a gay class.

good day.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 3rd 2001#22200 Report
you are posting it on the net rite now ain't u???...:confused:
and it starts with a small dumb button...
don't start getting used to using other people work... just a thought for u... and a warning
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 3rd 2001#22201 Report
For what it's worth here's how I would come up with the design for a paintball site. These are the type of things I would be repeating in my mind:

Painballing is distinctly masculine - that drives color use and analogies. Imagine how you would design it to be feminine and do the opposite.

Camouflage is an obvious design paradigm - don't use it. The colors, however, can be used, but only in accent. Good web design isn't expected - it's ignored as being right (very tricky concept).

Don't use black/very dark backgrounds. Ever. Put that right along side never centering text as basics to follow. As with everything, once you learn a how/why a rule exists you can learn how to break it, like pank did on this site.

One of the things that make paint balling distinct from other forms of gun-carrying activities is the facemask. I would try a photo/illustration of an aggressive torso shot of someone aiming a gun with a facemask on that would be high and to the left. Also, a paintballs bore is larger than a normal gun's, so a perspective shot on that would make that more dramatic and obvious. About 250x200 pixels is what I'm thinking in terms of girth.

Don't use a "Splat" image anywhere. Figure out how to convey "splat" without a using a "splat". For instance, thick paint overflowing the corner of a content box could be fun.

Figure out your content before your navigation. Never navigation before content. It's a loosing and frustrating battle.

Decide on what the site does - does it sell? Is it content? Is it entertainment? This will help you design your "call to actions" that would go where you have the large square green area now.

I am a huge fan of illustrated section icons, but they're hard to do.

Don’t' know if you have control over the logo, but I would scrap it and start over - or at least down play it.

Kay...those are my thoughts. Take 'em for what they're worth
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2001#22222 Report
Hmmm, just be careful what you use and how you use it. That's all on that matter...
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2001#22226 Report
i disagree with most of neilsmachine's comments but i like his tone! like a harsh teacher lecturing on the laws of physics.

don't do this. don't try that. don't do this...ever! too many rules.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2001#22292 Report
I actually agree with a lot of what Neil said. Looks like we are in the minority...
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2001#22313 Report
too many rules. reminds me of why we used to beat up the graphic design students in college. with their computers and their pressed slacks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum