TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

first (real) interface

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 17th 2001#1880 Report
hi all...

i'm asking for your critique, i've made an interface, and now i'd like to know what you think of it...
remember: it isn't coloured yet!

www.iie.nl/~blom44

(only look at the interface, site isn't finished yet)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 17th 2001#1883 Report
Well i like the design so far looks cool. Nice job i think, cant wait till the rest is done.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 17th 2001#1884 Report
Scanlines can often distort the text, and in this case they do. You can avoid this by using a wider or thicker font, but you can also get around it by changing the color of the font and adding other elements:

http://www.angelfire.com/on/newmuzic/mainInterface--Reject.htm

There is an example of how I avoided getting blurry text when using scanlines.....just check the rollovers.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 17th 2001#1886 Report
That interface, IMHO, needs to be completely reworked. It looks like it might be a piece of metal, but its mostly black. The others colors in it don't look to great either. The scan lines going over "MIB DESIGN" are distracting, and make the text look horrible. The bottom, which has "MIB" and a face-like shape, are the only parts that are beveled, drawing your eyes too them, and away from the links. I'm not real fond of deep, soft bevels like that, either.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 17th 2001#1889 Report
NHL:

Read his initial post:

What you said:
[It looks like it might be a piece of metal, but its mostly black. The others colors in it don't look to great either]

What HE said:
[remember: it isn't coloured yet! ]

Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 17th 2001#1900 Report
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mattboy_slim
[B]NHL:

Read his initial post:

What you said:
[It looks like it might be a piece of metal, but its mostly black. The others colors in it don't look to great either]

What HE said:
[remember: it isn't coloured yet! ]

[/B][/QUOTE]

I realize that it isn't colored yet, but I was focusing on the shades (I'm sorry I didn't make that clearer.) No matter how you color black, it will always be black. The other shade, if colored, will produce something dull which might make it look a little better, but it won't save it. Sorry.

Of course, I could be all wrong; he might replace every color in that interface. However, even if he does, I still think he needs to rework the it (see the rest of my post.)

Also, where did you get "NHL" from?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 18th 2001#1924 Report
I have no idea where I got NHL from?...hahahaha.......

Never noticed that until now.............sorry....hahah

Musta' been talkin' about Hockey on tv in the background or something.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum