TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Check it out...

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1733 Report
Check out CrazyEel and tell me what you think, yes yes I know it is obvious my main influence in Pank... comments much appreciated...

http://www.crazyeel.cjb.net

Thanks,.
CrazyEel
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1735 Report
Looks good.

If I were you, I'd come up with a better logo for your name. Add some more shapes... maybe behind it, somthing like that. The neon/noodle shaded font doesn't do your cool name justice - spice it up a bit.... take some chances.

Your chosen color scheme is effective.

Why are the pop-up menus so far down on the page when you roll over your buttons? Is it supposed to be that way?

If not - fix it.
That could prove to be a tad irritating for first-time visitors like myself.

Overall - great job. I hope it works out for you.

(I dont think it rips pank)

~aaronious
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1738 Report
Thanks for you comments, much appeciated...

The Menu works fine in all the browsers I have tried, but mmmm, i will have to check that out...

As for the logo, yeah I wanna change it, the whole site has been a bit of a rush job but I will get right onto designing something better, once again, thanks alot for your comments...

Anyone else out there with any comments???

Yours,
CrazyEel
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 16th 2001#1786 Report
From top to bottom:

Try changing the title to include your site's name, so people can recognize it if they bookmark it.

Like aaronious said, make a new logo. Ditch the "Menu ยป", people can figure out your navigation without it. Make the menu buttons do something when you click on them, for users with javascript disabled. Add some rollovers and perhaps a down arrow to your menu buttons; it would look nicer, and (in the case of the down arrow) let people know that a menu will roll down when they mouse over it.
Extend the background on the top all the way across the screen, or figure out a way to stop it from ending so abruptly (fade into the background color, maybe?)

I like the overall color scheme, its one I've used before on a website.

Try adding more transition between the three main sections, a border of some kind.

Make the text on the left side smaller (<.FONT SIZE="2"> would be good.) Almost all the text on the rest of your page is smaller than on the left.

You've got a double "Welcome to CrazyEel:" in the middle, try removing the bottom one. Don't put the snake game in all caps, its annoying.
In your four sectioned table, make the headers links. Try not to use "..." so much, it looks better if you don't.

Do something with that Nabisco world link on the right, its distracting. It draws your eye away from your main content.
The clock doesn't need to be there.

The above is just my opinion, feel free to take it as you wish.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 16th 2001#1803 Report
Thanks for all the comments, I have never seen so many, usually people just say a few things and give no reasons thanks alot for all that, I will get right onto it thankyou very much....

Do you have any ideas about a better logo, I have to get more fonts, cause I have no chance of being able to create good ones myself, anyway thanks again.

CrazyEel
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 17th 2001#1888 Report
Originally posted by crazyeel
Do you have any ideas about a better logo, I have to get more fonts, cause I have no chance of being able to create good ones myself, anyway thanks again.

Try to make something that fits your name, maybe an eel with really huge eyes and a creepy grin? (This is something I hate about a lot of corporate logos; a lot of them are just the company's name in fancy text, and don't relate to anything like the company's name, what they make, etc.)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2001#2021 Report
Thanks man, cool ideas, all good, thanks,

CrazyEel
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum