TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Animators rule

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Nov 5th 2001#19785 Report
Don't be sad Billy, we didn't mean any harm by it. We critique all of the sites that are posted in the 'cool sites' section, and they are not all positive. All I meant by what I said is that I've seen most of those effects before, so there wasn't anything that really impressed me as far as concept goes. But technically it was good and smooth. I don't really know why there are jagged edges on there though. Unless it automatically defaults to low quality or something. But it is a high energy site, and that's what you were going for, and it worked out well. I personally like minimal sites though, so that's why I wasn't as big of a fan of yours.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 5th 2001#19802 Report
It wouldn't make a good impression to back out of your opinion, now would it ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 5th 2001#19815 Report
1 - Two Preloaders?
Gimme a break. No website is important enough to need both an intro preloader and a main site preloader. not to mention the fact that both preloaders take an awfully long time with nothing interesting to read on the front page. If I wasn't there to actually see what is so "cool" I would have left before the flash got loaded good.

2 - Why when I click on certain sections of the site does it just sit there and load for 10 minutes? How can you have a cool site with no content?

When it all comes down to it. It's flash. Just about everything someone does in flash, you can find on some other site. Once one person does it, it's a rush of elbows and assholes to duplicate it. Works the same way in the non-flash community sometimes, but it's way more popular to "borrow" someones techniques in flash.

*snore*
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 9th 2001#20092 Report
great site axiom

http://antistatik.oesm.org/

im not so sad now ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 9th 2001#20093 Report
Just about everyone here, except you knows that I change the layout of that site every other week.

Also, I am currently in a webdesign class and I plan to use that space to host it until my projects are graded.

If you want to make anymore comments about the fact that I don't have anything there, email me or icq me at 20369051.

You can talk all the **** you want. But it doesn't change the fact that your site is poorly designed. So eat my ass.

edit :

for your further information:
Know of a cool site that is NOT yours. Share it with us...

Thanks for reading the forum guidelines.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 9th 2001#20095 Report
axiom you should come join my forum, we need people with fire in their bellies like you have

http://www.billybussey.com/forum

c u soon
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 9th 2001#20098 Report
Lmao, I like your style Billy... are you always that positive?

and your site doesn't bother me.... I do sometimes feel like I'm doing more waiting for things to load than I am reading content, but hey.... I'm on dialup.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 9th 2001#20101 Report
Looks to me like you have a lot of warez trading going on there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 9th 2001#20123 Report
*ducks to keep from getting hit by the attitude flying around the room*

Lotsa controversy in here, I love it Personally I really do like certain aspects of the site, in particular i think the transitions are really well done and it's animated well overall, nice and snappy with some nice timing. I'm not big on the intro personally, not really my musical taste either but it works for the overall visual style of the site. I'm on DSL so loadtime really isn't an issue, tho it may be taking a while for some of y'all.

And, um, Axiom, he didn't post his own site, someone else did.

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 9th 2001#20126 Report
I was refering to the "cool site" part, as it was directed at the starter of the thread.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum