TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New site layout/design, C&C

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 12th 2001#18455 Report
Before I've finished my last design i've got some new ideas, maybe I'll stick with this one.

www.geocities.com/black21knight/launch.html

Let me know what you think a few things are not yet done which have been mentioned in the news.

Also if anyone knows how to make the dhtml chromeless window not show scrollbars no matter what let me know. I have a scrolling news section so the news may get lengthy and that actual layer although not visible may get pretty low. when its like that scrollbars are added, I'm wondering if I can make it not sho scrollbars no matter what falls over the edge.

the images are a total of ~61kb and the site 13kb it shouldn't take long to load. let me kno. Also let me know how it works with your different resolutions. the dimensions for the page are 750x450

thanx
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2001#18502 Report
I think it looks great. I don't know why, but it seems like your chromeless window takes longer to load than usual (56k) anyway. Your layout makes me feel relaxed somehow, I just wonder where you're putting your navigation. Also, I think you left too much space to the right . . . still really good though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2001#18507 Report
hey thnx for the reply, i was expecting a few more the nav menu will be in dhtml on the left side i'll post again once its done so u can see what i mean. on the right there will be affiliate buttons/links. I also have a great image in mind for the splash....only prob is I don't know how to create it yet :D

Anyone else comments?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 13th 2001#18518 Report
it's very hard to see...too dark, nice job...
maybe u should get a host other then geocities though,
chromeless doesn't seem as "nifty" with the geocities ads
in it
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 13th 2001#18531 Report
hehe, yeah no one like geocities I actually have a friend i might be able to get space from this is just temporary.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 14th 2001#18569 Report
alright added the menu to the left and buttons to the right.

the buttons are barely visible cuz they are all black gif's i've got in there right now jus to fill that spot, they would obviouisly be people's buttons eventually.

the menu on the left i don like much.
here is the image i tried to use in place of the one that came w/ the script. (Currently the images are just Adjusted Hues of the ones that came w/ the script)
www.geocities.com/black21knight/menu.html
MY Problem: when i make this image a transparent gif the quality is pretty poor, i know gif's aren't good with soft edges, but i've seen gif's in not bad quality, anyone kno how? Also when i tried to make them transparent PNG's in PS the images always had a grey background in my browser, i'm using IE 5.5, I don't know what the deal with that is.

Plus I can't fiddle around with the code enough to get the images and text properly positioned with the new images and their sizes. I don't kno java and can't quite figure it out.

oh well. I'll keep hackin away with it, any thoughts,ideas, or comments?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 14th 2001#18570 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2001#18640 Report
C+

nice dark themes, you get a C+ cause Geocities is ****ting up your design, flock to homestead.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 17th 2001#18705 Report
whoah, i'm at school in a mac lab right now. and the dhtml scripts don't exactly show like they should. Supposedly this is IE 5 for mac. If anyone is using something other than IE5+ for PC cna you reply and let me know what your using and how it looks? thnx.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum