TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Site Design. Please Critique

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 7th 2001#17995 Report
Hey y'all

I just redesigned my site. Any constructive criticism would be appreciated!

Thanks

http://www.watercrumbs.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2001#18049 Report
Sweet, looks very nice. Very quick loading time, great graphics. Really i have no complaints. Perhaps make the splash you have a link for those (not many) people who have an old version of netscape or something coz they might not be able to see that scroller at the bottom. By the way, i'm seeing a lot of these forums around, is there a site that gives them away for free or something??
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2001#18062 Report
your site is great I love the graphics, and the graffiti...maybe if you have some time please make a tutorial on how you made the graffiti...I can never get mine to look right.....lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2001#18068 Report
Real nice man, looks great and the loading time is real quick. NIce colours and nice graphics. And yeah i'd be keen for a graphiti tutorial.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2001#18071 Report
Originally posted by x_fusiun_x
your site is great I love the graphics, and the graffiti...maybe if you have some time please make a tutorial on how you made the graffiti...I can never get mine to look right.....lol

i def agree...great site -- a graf tut would be amazing!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2001#18086 Report
I love the Guevara wallpaper:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 8th 2001#18131 Report
you site is awesome... but whats it for...heheh....
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 8th 2001#18148 Report
Thanks for the love yall! Definitely a compliment coming from yall (the best photoshop users i've seen around). It's pretty much my little play site. You remember the old Geocities-type sites from back in the day... It's like that, except it's my own domain. As for the messageboard, I got it from hotscripts.com. They have a whole bunch of message board scripts that you can upload to your server (yes, for free!). If you're using a server that can handle perl, you might wanna check out ikonboard.com. That message board is pretty hot. I would have used it myself, but my server is asp-based.

This is how I did the graf piece. I made an outline of the piece with the point-to-point lasso tool, did a color fill (any color will do, 'cause you can always change it up with the Hue-Saturation tool). Then I made another layer and dragged it below the filled layer and did another outline with the point-to-point, and did a fill on the new layer. The first layer, I added a light-render, and the other layer, I did a plastic wrap. As for the writing on the piece itself, I just scanned my own writing and positioned it on there with the layer properties set on "darken".

That's pretty much all there is to it! ...oh you can add a drop shadow if you want, or whatever else you wanna add to it.

Thanks again yall!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 9th 2001#18266 Report
A-, love the logo! Some of the desktops you made are awesome.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum