TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

my new design, comments appreciatred

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 27th 2001#17284 Report
i know i post a lot about this site, but im always re-doing the layout and such. its a different layout for every page so if you browse around you'll see some new things. even though all of the sections arent filled with content, there should be a lay for most at least.

here

any comments good, bad, mean, nice whateva appreciated, thanks

-peace,
Brandon
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2001#17285 Report
the hip hop section isnt final yet, i know its off aligned and ****....thats still in progress
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2001#17286 Report
I like it

very simplistic while holding the grunge feel to it.

one thing that really bothers me is how your text stretches so far across the screen.

Design standards teach that text should not span further than 12 words horizontally. perhaps shrink that column down a bit.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2001#17289 Report
I like this style
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2001#17306 Report
Sweet design Brandon....

I have to agree with Axiom though.... the text in the left table does extend WAY to far right. Try putting an empty table column between the left column and the right columns. That should keep the left table text under control AND give you some much needed space between the left table text and the stuff on the right like your >AIM< >ICQ< >RESPECT< sections.

Nice job!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2001#17322 Report
you have a very interesting artsy style, esp the eye candy page. I like the look of it a lot.

What I don't like is how different the hip hop page is. I mean, it looks like it comes from a completely different site. The design itself is fine, but I think while different looks for the different pages is fine, I also think they should all keep at least the same layout in general. Also, the menu on the hh page doesn't work either.

Otherwise, you have some really nice work here...
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2001#17357 Report
the hip hop section in the end isnt going to be linked from xipnet, i designed the layout for a completely different puropse, the index and eye candy pages are for design, the hip hop section is in no way affiliated besides being the same domain and host.

it is gonna be a completely different website, that i host, so when i made the layout i wasnt going for the grunge look, i was going for the commercial look, more of a hip hop style than grunge is.

but when it is all done it should be hella sick. we are setting up some interviews with some underground kids who are dope, and we gonna have an mp3 section and such.

but this all takes time and is a much bigger project than xipnet.com (which is just design), so we're going slower on this.

anyways all the comments are greatly appreciated, it makes me want to keep designing, and i will for sure change the text spanning all the way across, it is...kinda lame.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 28th 2001#17403 Report
i love it, the colors are really great!!!

The only point of criticism is the text, as Axiom told you...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum