TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Saffas Artworks v2.0

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 25th 2001#17137 Report
I posted awhile back with concepts for the new site, well now I have it mostly done, and I'd like you opinions on it.

The address is here: saffasartworks.8m.com

The old site is here: saffasartworks.com

When I have the final page done (Prints) I'll upload it to the main domain without banners.

For those that missed the last thread, it's a site showcasing my grandfather's artwork.

Please give me you honest opinions on it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2001#17151 Report
I like it I liket it
Very original, especially the colors...yup..nice work
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2001#17227 Report
Thanks.

Anyone else? I wouldn't mind suggestions either...or comparisons to the old site...I'm always working on improving it so please give me your honest opinion.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2001#17236 Report
is not my style but for the usage u do whit it... is nice

no more comment
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2001#17303 Report
Cable, in all honesty I liked some of the earlier versions of that site better than this, I can't point out which ones because its just been to long. (over 20 minutes and I have forgotten )

I don't like not being able to tell that is a person's (statue's) face in the body of the interface. I already knew it was so... well, I knew it was... but I don't think visitors to the site will at first glance. Because that is REALLY what the site is all about, I think it should be more obvious.

Navigation is ok, I don't have to "think" to navigate the site. however I'm still not thrilled about the buttons... and I know you have changed them endlessly on this site. Keep experimenting.

The overall flow of the site needs a little rethinking maybe, but thats just my opinion.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2001#17321 Report
hmm, there's really only been two versions of the site, the old and the new...I'm not sure what other version you'd be referring to... but thanks for your honest reply. I was a little confused about your comment about the face. "Because that is REALLY what the site is all about, I think it should be more obvious."

You mean it should be obvious that the coloration of the interface is based on the image overlay of one of the statue's faces? Hmm, I always thought of it simply as a way to introduce color and texture to the interface, I hadn't even planned on people knowing there was a face there. I must have given that away earlier. I'm not sure how I would show the face in the design better... maybe are you referring to this, which is an older screen capture of the design?

I also understand what you are saying about "thinking" to view the site. It is a little complicated to look at, I'm not sure why but it seems that way. I've already worked on it considerably so I think for this version I'll leave it the way it is, but the next version hopefully I'll have improved so I can make it simpler. Thank you for your input though, I don't know how much I will be able to change at this point but I will keep your thoughts in mind when I make changes in the future....

anyone else?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum