TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Minimalistc CSS design.

Page: 1 Reply
May 22nd 2006#172921 Report
Ok...so there's not much PS work here, hehe... but it is a website. Pro's and cons ?

http://p-ahlqvist.com/ver_15/

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2006#172926 Report
I like this one better than your other design.

It looks a little different to the standard css stuff which the previous one reminded me of.

What you have done with the buttons at the top looks good.

Personally, I prefer a bit more color...

Maybe not the right colors were used in my image, but I just took the red from the logo on your site, and the other color, was just the last one used on my photoshop
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2006#172930 Report
I think you went just a teeny bit too minimal. Your missing contrast in your content. There really doesn't seem to be any hierarchy between your recent articles, welcome message & posts, leaving the eye lost in your layout.

You could box in an element, add a background color behind some of the text or just put some variety in your fonts. As it is now, all the headings are the same size/weight, as is the text itself.

Also if you put a box around something, you could use a cut corner (top-left) to match you navigation (ie 45* angle).
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2006#172938 Report
Thanks for input, guy's.

You've both got valid opinions. Hehe, Rich'es color's ain't gonna happen, though ;). But colors is good... (never thought minimalistic before, my forst try really) And Rodder...Hey, btw. Long time no see ;). I like the "cut-corner" suggestion...I'll have another go at it this weekend, when my kids go to their mom.

Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 24th 2006#172967 Report
I think Rodder and Rich said some solid comments to improve the layout.

I like the "ps'ing" improvement over the last site you showed us.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2006#172980 Report
Ok, I've made another one...not so much PS as I'm not regained my familiarity with it just yet ;)...

http://p-ahlqvist.com/sNews/patric_17/index.php

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2006#172982 Report
This one is much better, the header fills the page, which I like and there are some good colors there too.

I would only say that the dates of the posts are a bit light... But that is just me trying to find a fault.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2006#172983 Report
Zpank you, Rich ;)... The color on the dateline is easily changed so that not a problem...
Reply with Quote Reply
May 25th 2006#172988 Report
Yeah this is a lot better. Putting aside colors and PS, the structure of this version is much more useful...it has a nice flow with the tools on the left, updates on the right and static content on the bottom. The other layout just seemed a little jumbled.

What about a background color (as a suggestion, not a crit)? The blue just seems a little lonely. I kinda like that green in your 2nd post's thumbnail. Or to match the skintones in your "rollover" you could do a Red-blue or RGB color scheme.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum