TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

personal website template

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 5th 2006#172093 Report
This is a simple/minimalist layout for something I'm calling spadeFace designz. Check it out, make suggestions or give feedback.

Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 6th 2006#172095 Report
looks really good. Love the green and white.

A bit trendy for my tastes, but i love the diaganol lines for the bg.

contrasts and borders done really well too. GJ!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 8th 2006#172098 Report
Thank you my friend. Yes, trendwhorish for certain ;) It's not always a bad thing though...They say (they being my professors at Florida State) that you shouldn't reinvent, but repeat...or something stupid like that. Although this doesn't mean ver batim duh. Anyway, there's your interesting fact of the day. (Honestly though, I think people who make sites like the template above are more coder/CSS freaks than anything. Really, any ametuer can make a layout like the one above, no offense to those people of course Either that, or it's a template for a business because businesses obviously have no need for crazy sick graphics and Flash, etc. etc.) Sorry for that rant.

Unfortunately, while this template is neat and clean, it's really not my style. I'm more of a industrial/grunge addict myself. And while the feedback on the template above has been overwhelmingly good, it won't be getting put on the web.

This on the other hand: http://www.deviantart.com/view/28648370/ is going to be my future site. I would appreciate some feedback on this thus far (WIP). Thought I would just add this post instead of making a new thread.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 14th 2006#172120 Report
I'd have to agree with your professor. Dell is the biggest example. It NEVER does anything new. Always repeats and thats why it's so successful, it's what they told us when i worked for them :P

Although i'm an originalist myself... I prefer to makemy own art even if it isnt pleasable to the trendy crowd it's still has my name on it and my pride.... So i'd have to agree with you with your new site..

The brown is awesome, love the field and the tree scene, the metal is really good too... Alignments are nice too, will work good in layout.

Maybe perhaps if you went purely with the non metal but wooden-grainy-desolate-wonderous kinda feel, might be something really spectacular as it's not really been done before like that. But thats just me... lol.....

Anyway keep up the excellent art
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum