TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Solemn Hollow Designs

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 28th 2005#171588 Report
Hey guys, i just recently started doing some web design, well sort of...i've dabbled in it for years but never got too serious with it until now.

check out some of my work and let me know what i could do to get better as well (constructive criticism welcome)

thanks in advance.
nate

here's the link: http://www.solemnhollow.com

oh and if it's slow it's due to the hosting, we've been having some difficulties the past few days and i'm thinking of changing. thanks again.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 28th 2005#171591 Report
Hey shynomi, first let me say - Welcome to TeamPS!

As for the design, I think it is a decent start, but it is just too plain and wide open for my tastes. I thinkg the content of the page could just be layed out a little better and it would really fill up the emptyness a lot better than those iFrames.

That background image is rather large and personally I dont think its really needed.. maybe throw something more simplistic back there so you can tile it somehow. Also, I would probably recomment switching hosts, this one seem pretty slow like you were saying :P

Additionally, I deleted your other thread that you forgot to put the link in or something, just thought I would inform you
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 28th 2005#171592 Report
I'm gettin' a blank page.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 29th 2005#171600 Report
hey thanks for the welcome, yea i agree totally about the empty space. i redid the look and tried to go with a more informative but yet simple site for the portfolio and such. the hosting should be a bit better now, (crossing my fingers) they were undergoing some maintenence the last couple of days. anyway as i type this it's fine so you can visit it.

thanks again,
nate
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 29th 2005#171616 Report
That hosting company is awful. I'm on a fast connection and it's loading like I'm on dial-up. Good effort, practice is the only way to be a Photoshop master.

I would try to give it a bit of a light color scheme; maybe add a light background image, and give the header a little color.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum