TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

www.swoo.co.uk

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 17th 2005#171449 Report
Thoughts on this? I wanted to be a *bit* different, so went narrow and long :P

http://www.swoo.co.uk

"You last visited on 04-20-2005 at 04:25pm"

Jeez! Has it been so long - are deker and the like still around?
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 17th 2005#171453 Report
I hafta' say this

I really like it - as an element. Why don't you take it a step further.. and make it a real site?

The way it is now it's perfect for PDA/Smartphone navigation.. but that's not really your target is it?

It's sharp, clean, contrasting.. and horribly thin. Feed that site some pixels man! You don't want to get creative with the navigation - let people have stuff they expect to find on a website. Use the creative part on your portfolio
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 17th 2005#171456 Report
Personally I like the design a lot, but don't like the narrow and long feel... I much prefer a site which fills out the width of a screen, it's just easier to use. But none the less, the design is good.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 18th 2005#171458 Report
Well I think you achieved different! Not too many people have packed an entire site into the size of a banner ad (lol). I like it though. It's got a nice feel, good color scheme.

A word of advice: With that much scrolling, be careful not to hurt usability. Make sure your most important content is highest on the screen. Also your borderline "wordy". Visitors want to scan, not read. So just make sure all the information displayed is important to the visitor.

A crit: Thin is nice. BUT...that leaves a massive amount of white space to contrast with the site. That white background is overpowering everything else, and hurting readability (especially the navigation where you throw black into the mix). It would help if you toned it down a bit. Maybe an off-white, or some gray/or color.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 19th 2005#171470 Report
Looking really good... I would take into consideration some of the comments everyone else said (basically what I was going to point out) and you will have yourself a really great looking site my friend.

*pauses at the Ann Summers page for a while*
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 20th 2005#171477 Report
it looks great but i honestly think it is really annoying to have that much scrolling.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 27th 2005#171561 Report
www.swoo.co.uk

new design, out with the old etc:eek:
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 27th 2005#171562 Report
haha oh my God dude.
You just had to make it thin eh? In all honesty - I think you know good stuff. I think though that you're passing though a phase - like.. the anorexic age of something.
Personally I would love it if you would take the first design and put it to the left (or right) of this new one and matched the colors of course.
The new design is fresh, cute, clean, easy (er) to navigate.. but still too thin. It's better though.

Again - this is strictly a personal opinion.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 27th 2005#171569 Report
Wow... I simply love the new design - looking really great! I have to agree with mihai on the fact that the site could be a bit wider. However, this doesn't mean I dont like it

Great work man... and welcome back :D

Edit: Hey - Just noticed that the comments area doesn't really line up correctly. If need be I can post a screenshot. And I'm using Safari 2.0.2 on OSX Tiger :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum