TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Stack-A-Mill Records

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 18th 2005#169807 Report
Im doing this web site for a friend of mine, rap group. Just wanted to get some feedback. This is what i have so far.. thanks.

https://home.comcast.net/~cosmoe_one/stack_a_mill_index.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2005#169809 Report
One thought - overdone.

I mean you got bling, bills, po po tape, targets, bullets, blood, blades I mean its enough already. We get the idea. At this point its more a wallpaper/artwork than a website.

I imagine all that detail will distract greatly from the content. Im actually already distracted by the top right corner. The direction my eyes are going is from top-left to the picture then to the 3 photographs and finally down to the content. Which is fine, you see enough of the layout and end up were you should be (ie at the content). But the top right pulls me away. Its the largest element grabbing for my attention, and it leads me nowhere (other than out of the frame).

I'll tell you what I do like though. The police tape is a great idea! It fits your theme (not as obvious as bullets and blood), it makes for a nice border effect and the color contrast nicely with the gray stripe bg. Yellow and black are always a nice combo. Its also has enough detail to be interesting but not distracting.

My advice....throw out the extra's. Stick with that color combo and focus on meaningful content design. Also focus on complimenting the theme, rather than beating ppl over the head with it. I think if you did that, you'd have a pretty good site going!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2005#169810 Report
Heres my thoughts...

First, when images are that size, please post the link instead of posting the image directly into the forums. I edited your post for you ;)

Second, it's probably a bad idea to steal stock photos from istockphotos.com or if your going to at least remove the watermark from the image that your taking ;)

Third, how is this site going to be layed out on the page. Were you planning on pitting it in like the middle of the page or anything, if so i would recommend redoing the edges so that you can have more of a flow instead of having the images just drop off. Just a thought...

Other than that I think it looks alright... I still agree with rodder on the fact that it is a little over done, but you did a pretty good job. With a little cleaning up and smoothing out I think it will look pretty darn good :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2005#169814 Report
thanks for advice, yea let me clean it up and ill post it again , this is just my rough draft, i havent got approval from the client...so well see what they say ( crosses figner) ...thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum