TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

KolibriStudios is now Online

Page: 1 Reply
May 15th 2005#168213 Report
Well here is my second web design. The first one PantoneGraphics.com did not work out because apparently you can`t use the word Pantone.

Anyway here is my second design KolibriStudios.com

It is still under construction but it is getting there slowly.

What do you ppl think?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 15th 2005#168214 Report
I actually like other one better, but damn you are fast at making sites.
I just liked the colors on the other one more.
It's looks good but the 2 things that I don't like are that you have the name going on the border on this one too....
Don't really like the "cut in" lines under the welcome and site of the month.
Looks a bit sci-fi and the colors aren't right... it could work if you would have it just a bit darker blue and not the black lines.
And I don't like the mini font that was used back in 1997 that you can't read...
or the square pattern... or the 10001000101 in the bg....
Well as I always say, I like the work, these are just the stuff that I don't really like.
So it's not as bad as it seems...
Reply with Quote Reply
May 15th 2005#168216 Report
Well I think it`s better than the previous because it is brighter especially on non lcd monitors. As for the text you`re using the same text on your site unless you are talking about something else.

The 100111`s yeah it`s not that good. That is temporary until I get something better.

Thanks for the suggestions though
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2005#168226 Report
When I was talking about the text I meant those things that are in the header...
I think it's text...?
That super mini text behing the square pattern...
Reply with Quote Reply
May 17th 2005#168236 Report
it's a very good site
but..uhm - there's got to be a but .. I agree with Bjorn - the minitext was a great feature back in the dotcom boom days
I don't mind the name on the borders... what does bother me a little is the lack of border shading on the curvy shape in the header. the rest of the stuff has a little bevel - which is nice - but that shape doesn't.. it looks a bit unfinished.

Also not critique - just a bugging thought - did you invert the whole image at some point? I get the feeling the whole thing was orange somehow.. and you just inverted all of it. Dunno why - maybe it's the smooth, velvety blue on that cup combined with the blue all over - usually you get that sort of texture by inverting stuff...

all in all I think it's great - aside from the small text
Reply with Quote Reply
May 17th 2005#168252 Report
It was orange and a bit different. But no it`s not inverted I redesigned it because I wanted a brighter color.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 18th 2005#168260 Report
Nice use of colors although I must agree with 3jorn too that the minitext is a bit outdated but it does give your site a certain essence of self because you don't see the minitext that much.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum