TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New site. PantoneGraphics.com

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 5th 2005#168048 Report
Just wanted to show my site and get some feedback. This is just the beginning.
pantonegraphics.com
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2005#168050 Report
Nobody has any comments?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2005#168051 Report
it's not a bad site. I like the colors a lot
however - the BIG question is - are you in any way connected to Pantone?
the only way this could fly is that if by a happy coincidence your middle name is Pantone or something like this
otherwise it will be seen as a pathetic attempt at grabbing attention in an undeserved way. And it's a shame too because from what I see you're a good artist. Get your own name and make that one famous
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2005#168052 Report
Yeah I like the color too alot.
But have you checked it with firefox?
It really doesn't work in there.
And I would take away the pantonegraphics that comes over and over on the "border" on the sides.
And in Firefox the text you write in to the shoutbox is HUGE.
But other than that it looks nice :D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2005#168053 Report
Design wise, only a few small crits.....like the text on the border (3jorns comment). The splash page is useless in my opinion. "Recomended" doesnt help anyone. Its not the users job to make your site viewable, as a designer that job falls on you. Plus your splash graphic is repeated on your header. Also your "site stats" is info for you, not us. Online users can stay, but the other stats are not needed.

I think the biggest problem is your name though. Besides the obvious issues (i wouldnt be suprised if you recieved a special email from pantone) I can't find any connection between the theme and your work/content/site. I mean your use of color is ok, but doesnt represent the name/slogan. Especially with the use of muddy colors & the word "alive", which would require fresh/vibrant colors. Also pantone is usually associated more with print rather than graphics/web design.

Names are cheap enough and I think you'd really benefit from buying a new more personal one. Be unique, show your creative side etc.

If you want the name, work on the theme. Show how you bring colors to life. Repeat some logo colors into the site to bring things together.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2005#168054 Report
not bad I enjoythe colors ;) I just recently took an interest pantone colors lately!

super awesome stuff if you find a printer that uses them.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2005#168055 Report
I don`t see what is wrong with Pantone. Photoshop and many other words are registered tm aswell and many people use it for their name. What about that??

As for Rodder454`s comments ok I can see that the splash page is useless. I`ll probably get rid of that or change it to a loading bar or something. As for the stats I really don`t see what`s wrong with that. These are simple stats that just shows the hits. It`s not like it is really detailed.

The name again don`t see the issue. It`s just a name. There are tons of personal sites with names that just don`t fit the site. As for the connection I work with pantone swatches as I`ve been thought. You can`t rely on the computer screen when it comes to printing and if you`d seen my porfolio I have mostly prints there.
Even for web designing everything is colors so I don`t see how youdon`t see a connection. Pantone simply means colors and everything we see has colors so what couldn`t make sence. Just by looking at the site you see pantone. As for the slogan I don`t even use the word "alive"

Site like http://www.pantonestudio.com/ works fine and there isn`t much connected there either. Small part of me understands what you mean but really in todays age with tons of graphics design sites online and many useless names, you could say that pretty much about every site out there on the web.

Other than that I appretiate your comments. ;) Pantone is a strong and known name and since I`m planning on making the site eventually known I should probably go with something original. That however will have to wait for a while.

As for the other issues like the Firefox, I really don`t know how to fix that. I mean the text for the shout box it big now that I checked it but how can I posibli change that. Can anyone help me there.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2005#168069 Report
I don`t see what is wrong with Pantone. Photoshop and many other words are registered tm aswell and many people use it for their name. What about that??

I can't really comment on that. Adobegraphics is registered, so who the hell knows lol

As for the stats I really don`t see what`s wrong with that. These are simple stats that just shows the hits. It`s not like it is really detailed.

True. Its more an organization thing. Its about presenting the user with meaningful content quicker. I mean like % of hits per day doesn't matter to anyone but you, so it just gets in the way. I realize its almost an insignificant change, but sometimes its small details that make the difference.

The name again don`t see the issue. It`s just a name. There are tons of personal sites with names that just don`t fit the site.

Very true. It's your portfolio though. It represents you and your abilities. So having a strong well realized concept will benefit you. It'll make your site more interesting, backup your abilities, and show your creative side. Not all names need to be creative or have a theme (especially if you used your real name) but its obvious your trying to convey some idea.

Think of the name like your trying to explain its meaning to a potential employer. Telling the interviewer, well....cause I use colors/swatches in my work or everything we see has color.......is a very weak idea. Its not selling yourself as a creative thinker nor is it selling your talents.

But thats just my take on it.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2005#168072 Report
[QUOTE=pixguru]
As for the other issues like the Firefox, I really don`t know how to fix that. I mean the text for the shout box it big now that I checked it but how can I posibli change that. Can anyone help me there.[/QUOTE]

To fix that bug set input width in CSS
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2005#168073 Report
If I had that domain name, I'd hold onto it as long as possible. I'd buy another name, put your site on that one, then setup some sort of affiliate site on the pantonegraphics side. I'd bet you could make some decent coin with that domain name....easily. Don't waste it on your own personal site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum