TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

site for review

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 12th 2005#167447 Report
this site is my portfolio site, I've redesigned it so many times and I think this is most effective one, please give me feedback on things that I could improve to make it even more effective
-thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2005#167448 Report
It looks very nice and clean. I like the use of color combinations...well done.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2005#167453 Report
Not bad, not bad at all. I really like the colour combination

Cheers
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2005#167457 Report
Truthfuly...the site is decent, but the style is old hat. Vector, paint drips, flash header, pixel stretching, arrows, subway photos its all really 2001. For a portfolio thats been designed many times, I can't say im impressed. Atleast not when there's so many ways to represent an urban theme.

Style aside, there's a few things that arent working. First the arrows ...they, with the placement of the navigation, lead your eye out of frame. Your eye's read across the header, see the arrows and are pointed to blank space on the right of the layout. There isn't much to bring your eyes back onto the layout. Next the white space to the left of the navigation is awkward and has a similar effect, as when your eye's hit it......there's no sense of direction.

I think the biggest problem......is the links!! They are the first to be read when your eyes are scanning the layout because: A) your actual nav is so far over to the right and B) thats where a left hand vertical navigation would usually be. They're read before your news, before your title graphic underneath, possibly before your nav too. Do you really want ppl to come to your portfolio and see better websites before they actually know what yours is about? Not to mention they're on every page. Its like your begging ppl not to visit your site. And if they stay past the first page, then your giving them a second chance to leave!

Well so far....this probably seems like a crappy review (if your still reading this lol). But its not all bad. If you junk the links (or put them elsewhere), and maybe realign the nav, your half way to done.

About the style, i would go write down a few words in notepad which represent the urban theme. Now make sure they represent how you feel about the urban theme, not how you think you feel (ie influenced by the net's idea of urban). Then just come up with a few images based on that. Your site is fairly minimal, so to alter the mood/style would take only little bit of work.

Though you may like it as it. Its up to you. Just throwing advice on the table.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2005#167461 Report
Cool, Thanks for the advise, i'm gong to be making some changes,
thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2005#167462 Report
as far as the theme of the site , I really wanted it to be graffitti themed,I've been writing graffitti since I was 15 so I tried to potray that in the layout and design
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2005#167463 Report
hi nice website yea i like graffitti too ,its nice art !
for the website the thing i see is the link square i got to admit the first thing i clicked was the link ,the design is clean and simple yea like rodder sayd its a bit "deja vu" but its sttill nice the metro scene sbeen done already but its urban anywhay the only thing is the link square but but beside good job ! ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2005#167475 Report
some revisions have been made, check things out and let me know what you all think
thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum