TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Menace Studio

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 4th 2005#167207 Report
The designs section is under construction but what do you guys think about my layout.

www.menacestudio.com

Thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2005#167221 Report
I think the blue is a bit too blue... It looks like plain 'ol reflex blue and isn't that interesting. Maybe a different shade of blue, and also add another color or two besides a medium shade of grey. It makes the site look kind of dull to have that plain ol' blue and then grey as the only colors.

What is the difference between the Portfolio and Designs section? Neither one has any examples of your work. And rather than "bio" I'd call it home, or at least add a home page and make it different than the Bio page.

Your contact form is kind of mis-aligned and spread out all over the place. I'd either put the labels above the fields, or put it in the table with the labels on the left and the fields on the right so they line up better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 5th 2005#167276 Report
Pretty much what Deker said, You should add an extra button: HOME , the contact form is out of allignment. I'm a bit biased with your design, I love the color blue. But something does not quite work with the background, it pulls your attention away from the content too much, you should probably subdue the white background somehow.

Overall, I love it! Nice work.
Highway of Life
http://MichaelLewisMusic.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 6th 2005#167278 Report
I just re-alligned the contact form.
And for the blue part, I was working on my laptop and the contrast came out lighter than I expected when I browse through my PC.
I'll eventually change the middle banners and add more color combinations instead of just blue but my initial theme was to be just that blue and gray. Like you guys said, I should add more color and I'll make that happen through the banners. Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 6th 2005#167279 Report
[QUOTE=Highway of Life]But something does not quite work with the background, it pulls your attention away from the content too much, you should probably subdue the white background somehow.
[/QUOTE]

Do you have a suggestion on what my background should be? I'm thinking of something dark like black.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 6th 2005#167280 Report
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]Okay, Contact form is much better, but you have this at the top of the screen outside the layout:
If you have a question or in need of assistance regarding what we can do for your business, contact us..

Just fill-in all the required information and we'll try to contact you back as soon as possible. In the message field, please include the necessary information needed for the project.
That should read inside your layout. Also, I would try something like a gray or navy, but try to match tones, black may be too stark, but go ahead a try it... see how it looks.

Highway of Life
http://michaellewismusic.com
[/font][/size]
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 6th 2005#167281 Report
Also, your buttons roll over to a color too close to the background, they don't stand out enough.

The bottom cell needs more cell spacing.

And the table header gradient just does not quite seem to fit.

Highway of Life
http://michaellewismusic.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 6th 2005#167301 Report
Yeah I think theres toomuch of a blue tone in there, Maybe if you shaded it off with some light greys and white it would balance out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2005#167421 Report
not bad the colors may be off a little but I like the usability of the website no guessing about navigation
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum