TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Possible (new) layout

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 25th 2005#166130 Report
link removed

Maybe a new portfolio....opinions? Does it work for a port...or is it more like a template/corporate thing?

I really didnt want any deep meaningful kinda layout. I just like simple, smooth things. I seem to play with GUI design more than anything else (its simple and fun), so this kinda reflects that a bit.

I didnt want another gray layout....so i tried to get as white/black as i can....something more 'refreshing' than dull.

Also its skinny/smaller, cause I dont alot of info to fill the space. With the info I do have, i think my goal is to get a lot of it on the front page. Being an "ad' for myself, id rather do away with a shoutbox and have a 'skills' box instead. The skills page would have the same info...id just elaborate more.

And one thing i never do......and that is include a drawing I did first!

Edit: I wanna add this is not a flash site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2005#166162 Report
link removed

and maybe a sample page
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2005#166262 Report
Sweet!

Looks great rodder! Looks professional but not too conventional.. which is a good thing in my opinion
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2005#166307 Report
the shading is nice on the bars + nav, and the layout is good. The little options for navigation might diswade(sp) potential customers from looking further into the website.

3 cents.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 3rd 2005#166365 Report
Definately has a corporate feel to it, I like the use of grey tones--I think you achieved your goal with this. The one thing I'm not sure about it the overhang of the header/nav area to the right of content. You already have an asymetrical feel with the swooped up header area, and this seems to make the page feel off balanced. If you want to overhang one side for originality, maybe try overhanging to the left of content. Just a thought.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 3rd 2005#166368 Report
hey I missed this!
I like it - it's very nice - I like the toned down shades..
one thing that bothers me a little - the "roundness" on the tab where the "?" is. the tab is either too thin or too rounded. Looking at the sketch - it's say a little less rounded corners - or a wider band for the menus... it's not a big thing - it's just that I like to pick on you hihi
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 3rd 2005#166371 Report
About the overhang.....the " swoop" wasnt originally there. Well it was in the drawing, but it wasnt a key element, really kinda boring at first. It wasnt enough to get your eye over and down to the content (right side). So to help the eye, i designed the overhang...which mimics the slight offset of the top left tab. Not sure how i feel bout it. I do like it, but if it throws off the balance it may need to be changed.

Im bothered by the ? tab too. I may just lower the curve by 5 pixels or so to fix that.

Also, any tips on how to stray from the corporate feeling?. Corporates fine, I just dont want a thought-out layout to seem like a cheap template (though i dont think it does). Maybe more detail? Simplicity is more a corporate vibe i guess.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 4th 2005#166381 Report
you know - I looked at it a little more. here goes:
how about pushing the inset tab where it says "Updated..." a little to the right? This way you get an inverted overhang there too...
Also how about making the menubar straight (no rounded corners) and a little squished so that it will be less wide than the whiter grey shapes
As for the overhang Dan mentioned - I think it's the fact that it should have a shadow.. I mean it has one all over the "Skills" column..but it stops abruptly at the edge - and the eye "follows" a shadow that isn't there..
and to move away from corporate... how about some sort of repetitive bg? that adds detail and leaves the content space alone to feature the.. content
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 11th 2005#166610 Report
Awesome work, Rodder. I like the silky feel it has. Everything flows nicely and the colors mesh well. Seems like it would be fairly easy to navigate through. Only thing I'm not diggin' is the font for "RODDER". It seems a little too plain and kinda deviates from the sleekness of the layout. Also, a logo would be nice. Another thing I don't like much is the size. It's a little too small. Don't get me wrong, tiny sites aren't bad or anything, but I could see myself loosing interest a little too fast. Good job though, rodder. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum