TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Remaking a Band Site

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 17th 2005#165882 Report
Hey guys

I've been workin on a customers site re-making it. Here's what i got so far, its about 80% done (still gotta add effects, rollovers, etc)

http://designex.net/dragnet/sitebeta/dragnet_spikesbeta.gif

What ya think? The spikes are my own lil style i've come up with when I doodle all the time at work lol.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 23rd 2005#166059 Report
40+ views and no replies.... depressing... lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 23rd 2005#166074 Report
this is probably because it's a screencap, but everything looks washed out, the colours are soft, the images aren't sharp and the pointy things have jaggy edges.

it seems to be lacking contrast, there's nothing to grab my attention and not much direction/hierarchy (where should my eyes go first? what should i read/look at? what's the most important information, etc.).

i don't mind the blurred image, but maybe if the colours were punchier (is that a word?) then the black pointy things wouldn't overpower the layout so much. and the logo gets lost a bit

sorry i didn't have more positive things to say =P
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 24th 2005#166092 Report
ok im back after a long time and this is the first page i get to see and its a screenshot which is ok because it gives an idea of what the person is trying to do.

hmmm

critiques
-----------
- I really didnt like the way the menus are sort of tucked away from the rest of the website and its ok if u do this but u definitely need to put something more prominent there because that is the navigator for ur website.

- i dont know the color just seemed really off, its a rock band? so why not put a little more 'life' into the page and make it seem a bit more fun i guess.

im really sorry for being the second person to have bad things to say but its a good idea just needs some fine touches to make it better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum