TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Some one's "Defacemented" my site...

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 7th 2005#165483 Report
...or hacked the sh*t out of it to be more precise...Darn arse !!

So, I've been tossed out from the server due to "exessive use of server resources". Fun, eh ? I didn't think so, oh, no I did not.

However, I've learned one thing. - Sometimes it's better to have you're site hosted at a place that is more secure than a free host with little or nada security. I'm gonna by a domain and get me some paid hosting at http://www.b-one.net I think.

Another thing is that I have to redo my site altogether as it became a gonner. I do have a backup, but it's rather old (haha, there I got punched in the face - DO YOUR FREAKING BACKUPS FREAQUENTLY), so...I've made a first try at a new design, which resides at a peculiar, not to stable, server in Scotland of all places, hehe...

I would like for someone to go have a looksie and tell me what you will whop my behind about...(no content besides a guestbook, I'm trying to edit to fit in there)

Layout, that's the thing to crit here...if you can access the bugger, that is.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 7th 2005#165485 Report
Yeah I know how you feel, one of my servers that I got because I did some client work ages ago went down the other day, and I hadn't taken any backups...
And I don't have a clue of the name or anything about that old client so I can't contact him again.
But in the end it was good that it went down, because now I had to make new stuff, and I know that I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't a must...
But I do take backups on 3jorn...that's too big to loose :P

About the site, well first, you should check how it looks in firefox, there is a few bugs in there.
I really liked the blue gradient site you did the other week, but I can't really say that I like this one.
The header font, for me it looks like on of those fonts that you get from a free font site... it doesn't really have any character in it...
Try just using more normal fonts and having them one color.
Then the whole site is pretty "squared"...it's not living enough... no graphics on the squares just one colored squares, with a black border... sorry but I hate one px black borders :P
And the header is a bit blurry...

Sorry I'm just saying what I'm thinking...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 8th 2005#165502 Report
Never expected anything else and I must say I'd rather have that, then the opposite. I'm not all too happy with it my self, I did a fast thing to put up and to try and fit the GB with...

So, thanks Björn. I'll go home and redo once more...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum