TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

:'-( new website rejected

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 23rd 2001#14186 Report
I made a site design template type thingy for a friend.
his site is at http://www.rpgops.laughy.net/

and the design I made is at http://www16.brinkster.com/darkmaster7/rpgops

he said he didn't like it and I dunno why, I spent alot of time on it
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2001#14195 Report
personally, I think your design rocks all over his (even though yours is maybe a little too simple, which is probably why he didn't like it). Not to be mean, but his site is an eye-sore!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2001#14197 Report
thanks I'm glad you like it... I planned on adding some things to it
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2001#14203 Report
yes, your design is definitely an improvement over his.

It is said that it takes as much creativity to appreciate music or art as it does to create it. Obviously, this guy can't see the potential for your design. It's not perfect, but has great potential. And yes, his site IS annoying to look at.

Will he say why he doesn't like it? Either he has a jealousy complex or just doesn't understand the principles of good web design. Or maybe it just wasn't what he originally envisioned.

If you'd like, I can give you a few suggestions:

-I'm viewing it at 1024 x 768. I don't know if it looks real different in 800 x 600, but as I see it now there's too big of a gap between the head banner and the menu system. While I like the simple design, it looks too barren because there's too much empty space (like 2" of my screen). Likewise, the entire design probably is a little too simple, you need just a little more stuff to add interest, and make it look like a place full of content.

-the table on the bottom part of the page, which has the menu, news, and affiliates, stretches all the way across the page, from far left to far right. Meanwhile, the top banner ends less than 2/3 the way across the page. It looks like the cells on the bottom have automatically stretched out to fill the page, with too much space between them. If you set them within the range of the top banner, it would look better.

So only some technical flaws. I think what you have is really good, and I'm sure you'll make it better with more developing. Ignore the fact that you're friend doesn't like it. You can always use it for something else later.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2001#14207 Report
I have 800x600 resolution..
I'm still not finished with it
I may use iot for the design for my own site... with the appropriate changes
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2001#14227 Report
Yours looks smooth and kewl his is well "orange" when you get past the splash screen which could be better, but as my old Grandad said
"you can take a horse to water but you can't make him appreciate art"

Grenadier
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum