TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

100 reasons why you love Incompleetism...

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jan 15th 2005#164741 Report
Ok, so I figured out what I'm doing with it...kinda. I set up a forum (my first) and I'm going to have users submit work and then have it reviewed or voted on before it goes up on the site.

Right now I'm trying to come up with a way to make the submission and acceptance processes effecient enough.

I'm thinking about maybe having users submit a minimum amount of pieces (like 4 or something), and then they are voted in or rejected, and I would have the final decision. I obviously don't want to waste server space on a line someone drew on a 1600x1200 canvas.

What do you think? Yay or nay? Any other ideas?

site revamped: http://www.incompleetism.com
forum: http://www.naputi.com/forum/index.php (I locked the 'submit your work' section down until I come up with a solid idea on how to execute it.)

(Did a google search and found out that incompleet is dutch for incomplete! Learn something new every day.)

:edit: lol I just noticed I subconsciously copied Rodder's idea :eek:
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 15th 2005#164746 Report
Nice. I like the menu idea for the gallery. As to the minimum...how is that going to work exactly? Like sumbit 4 pieces.....then those 4 get voted on OR submit 4 pieces, then the work after that gets voted on? (kinda like a minimun post count)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2005#164751 Report

I would have your 'rules' pretty open at first, then you can tighten them up later if you want. I wouldn't suggest people have to submit multiple works, rather they have to critique 5 pieces before they can submit their own. Something to generate traffic and community first. Multiple, unqualified submissions will just be useless to the submitter and the community.

Fun idea, and original (from my window on the web art community).
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2005#164752 Report
[QUOTE=malibu]Excellent idea! Well done!

I would have your 'rules' pretty open at first, then you can tighten them up later if you want. I wouldn't suggest people have to submit multiple works, rather they have to critique 5 pieces before they can submit their own. Something to generate traffic and community first. Multiple, unqualified submissions will just be useless to the submitter and the community.

Fun idea, and original (from my window on the web art community).[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the rules in general or the ones in the 'submit your work' section?

For the rules in the 'submit your work' section, I'm just gonna ditch that stuff because I really don't like rules myself. I'm more into making it up as I go along.

:edit: I don't expect much to come out of this. It's pretty much just something I did when I was bored. If it grows, that's cool, but I'm not going to put too much into this.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2005#164757 Report
Ya might want to at least make a sticky with some 'guidelines' for what you expect for submissions, ie.:

-No completed works, must be abandoned projects
-Max size of pieces (pixels &/or KB)
-Nudity or not
-etc

:: edit :: There ya go, your first outside submission ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2005#164762 Report
Okay Dan, I pretty much just stole all your ideas and came up with this:

So you have something you want to submit. Start a new post in this forum and let us see your work.

Just stick to a few simple guidelines:

- Although this is a gallery for unfinished work, please don't submit a blank canvas with a line drawn across it. Please only submit pieces that you've put some work into, and then abondoned. Also, if your piece is finished, it belongs in the finished work forum.

- Don't submit WIP (work in progress) pictures. This forum is for work that will never be finished.

- Please keep images under 1024x768 and less than 300KB. If images exceed these amounts, they will be resized before they go into the gallery.

- Pieces containing nudity should be linked to with a warning. Won't somebody please think of the children!

- All images will be approved for the gallery by me or someone who looks just like me.

To have your work hung in the gallery, you should give the following information in your post. If not, I'll just put your forum name for credit. No biggie.

- The name of the piece (if you have one).
- The name you want to have under your image in the gallery (you want credit don't you?).
- Your website (if you have one).

Show me yours and I'll show you mine :wink:

Whadaya think?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2005#165829 Report
I'm sorry to all of the visitors that came to the site to view a dancing banana and received nothing. I have since updated the site to include the dancing banana in the shoutbox. Enjoy ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 17th 2005#165874 Report
ROFL! Heheh, you put mine up! I hope this catches on for ya... save room for the Adsense.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2005#166128 Report
Very origional concept. I hope you follow through and it becomes something phenominal. Don't think small, dude. go for broke, you could really have something to contribute to the community. I have sooooo much that I have drawn and never finished. The unfinshed pieces would have new life rather than sitting in the waiting to be completed box. Another note I have been inspired many times over from other artist unfinished sketches.

Hats off, dude!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum