TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Review my Site!

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 27th 2004#164217 Report
Hi friends,

I have completely redesinged my portfolio site can be viewed @ www.milindonline.com

Plz. review my site/creations as a designer any suggesions/ comments would be highly appreciable.

M i L i N d
www.milindonline.com

"Ideas r like CIRCLES u never know from where it BEGINS n where it ENDS"....
MiLiNd
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 27th 2004#164225 Report
Okay, well your site is rather dated. Meaning its an eyesore. I went through your site in detail and in your about section it says you know dhtml, html, java, etc. I would suggest building your site as like a screenshot in photshop and then piecing it together in like dreamweaver, right now its just this huge imageready mess. Also please check out the webby awards and pick up a copy of computer arts, communication arts and other designs mags I like "Print" too. Explore new style. As a designer you work with spacial relationships, color, and heiarchy(sp). As of right now none of this was taken into consideration. Sure you know the programs that designers use, but it really shows there was no process involved here. Step back from the computer. Thumbnail, plan. Learn about good typography and what works on the web and what doesn't. Those long lines of type definatly do not work. I hate to sound so harsh but, theres nothing wrong with saying your a desktop publisher, the word graphic designer has been taken on by so many people that just because they know the program they are a designer. Thats like saying because you can hold a pencil you are an illustrator. In my books if you do not walk around with an exactoknife in your pocket 24/7 you are not a designer.

Keep at it, and I hope my crit/rant helps in some way.

Thanks,
Michael
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 27th 2004#164226 Report
ps kinda joking about xacto, though you should love a sharp one like a fat kid likes cake
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 27th 2004#164230 Report
Depends on the type of cake. I'm not fat, but if I was, I'm positive I wouldn't eat apricot sponge cake.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum