TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

openlate.org Redesign...

Page: 1 2 Reply
Dec 29th 2004#164262 Report
Excellent Josh. It's interesting and original. You're playing with fonts to create interest, always challenging, but fun. Only crit I have is that you butt the personal jib-jabs of text on the right up to the nav bar. I get the idea of the whole 'text bleeds into the negative space of the black bar, confusing boundaries'--the only problem is that it's already difficult to read the text because you have almost no kerning, plus, ummmm, the text isn't going left to right like we westerners seem to think it must. I'd put a tad of 'white space' between the nav bar and the downward text. That's just me.

Overall -- Thumbs Up!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 29th 2004#164272 Report
I'd put a tad of 'white space' between the nav bar and the downward text

What about going a little further, and altering the color of the text or the text's bg or something. Because of contrast, the text really becomes the focal point when it shouldnt be. Also because its on the blue bg, after looking at the text and only the text, it feels like you've seen everything there is.

It should be a point of interest instead, with some sort of element to force you to look back at the rest of the layout.

here's an idea:
Repeat the flowers at the top, above the nav, at the bottom....just a little left of the first verticle column of text. Make them a bit larger (not too much) and delete the one pointing right. This way your eye scans across the layout, hits the verticle text, goes downward and hopefully the flower (curving left) will point your eye's up and back. You may have to shift the top flowers over a bit, so everything's not so verticle on the side of the layout.

Otherwise nice job.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 30th 2004#164304 Report
Thanks guys!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 30th 2004#164305 Report
I think the big black text on the right is very distracting. Not only is it the largest element on the page, but it's text, so your eye keeps trying to read it even when you're trying to read another part of the page.

Your content area needs a lot more whitespace. It's very difficult to read. The line lengths are too long and too close to the left side of the page and the big black text on the right.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 31st 2004#164330 Report
Ok, cuse I don't want any good comments lol.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 31st 2004#164333 Report
Ok, cuse I don't want any good comments lol.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 31st 2004#164342 Report
Telling you what a fantastic and super designer you are won't help you improve...

But hey, it's blue! Yay! So cool! :rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 2nd 2005#164399 Report
You don't have to be all sarcastic and stuff, I was just joking around.

Im a joker lol.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 3rd 2005#164424 Report
Josh. I love your photography it has really inspired me! I love all of your portraits and also the photos of the parties and locations. You are very talented and I have been looking at almost every single photo on your website!

What camera do you use? I use an old 1970's olympus SLR. I am guessing that you use a digital SLR..if so what model is it?

I have not posted or even looked at this site since it had just opened, that how much I think your photography rocks. Not just in the way you compose your pictures but how you use it like a journal. Very insperational!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 4th 2005#164447 Report
Thanks dime, I appreciate it so much! I am actually operating without a DSLR right now. I have a Sony DSC-F717 and a DSC-P73. I take the P73 with me everywhere. The F717 I used for special things.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum