TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Personal Site (phish theme)

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 9th 2004#163637 Report
Just messing around in photoshop, and made a webpage of sorts ....

I like critics, so tell me everything - don't hold back.

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/aphong/index.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 9th 2004#163639 Report
hongbanger,

I like the design. You've got a good start there. One thing that I, personally, would change is the font for the vertical menu on the left edge. The font used seems a bit narrow and makes it a bit harder to read. I also think that menu would look better anti-aliased. I would love to see how the page looks with content to fill up all that white space. I think it would look good with some graphics/pictures tied in with your content. Again, this is only my opinion. Keep up the good work, you've really got something going there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 9th 2004#163649 Report
Hey,

Welcome to the Forums you two!

Firstly, I must say that I really dislike this site. You said that you like critiques and so I will give you a proper one.

Firstly, on a design point, You really need to take that big leaf off.. It's really misplaced and unnessescary even if you are advertising narcotics!

Secondly, you have a big white space between the place wqhere i suppose the content is going to go and the left navbar. Why is that? Take it out! It will look better that way.

Thirdly, take out that lens flare it is very cliche! An overused Photoshop effect if I do say so myself!

Fourth, What is going on with the menus? They are all over the place, make one menu with all of the different pages in it, else at least put all the left navbar into one menu and then make a menu across the top of the page underneath the banner!

Fifth, The text is horrible! You need to use a nice standard font such as verdana or times new roman. I would say Verdana is better for this type of design. Also, make sure it is a legible colour. It looks to me like you have used a pixel font and made it a really big size! That's just misusing it!

Sixth, all of the white spaces between the left navbar the banner and the content. Take them out and you get a much smaller and neater design. If you must have some sort of seperation between the things in the design then at least have a nice background pattern.

Seventh, Don't you think that those colours are a bit misused? Purple all over? it's nearly only one type of purple aswell. Try using purple as a supplementary colour to a nice eye pleasing colour. Head over to http://www.colormatch.dk/ to find some better colours.

Finally some fine tuning. Once you have a single menu set it so that there is no spacing between the banner and then make the menu full length! Then do the same for the content. Maybe think about making it a slimmer design.

USE CSS!! Not tables!

Marc
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 9th 2004#163655 Report
thank you for the replies everyone. I'm taking both into account and am re-doing the whole site as we speak.

Do you by chance have a webpage that could help me out with CSS??
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 9th 2004#163657 Report
http://www.echoecho.com/css.htm has some good CSS tutorials
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2004#163684 Report
yes, we have a resource forum: http://www.teamphotoshop.com/forum/vbforum/showthread.php?t=18076

That's a CSS topic

Marc
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 29th 2004#164283 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 29th 2004#164284 Report
oops, could someone delete this post?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 7th 2005#164524 Report
Loving the leaf!! HAHA oh man, sorry but have to say that's the best part about your site, but it makes up for a lot! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum