TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

AOL users...please help

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 22nd 2001#14014 Report
The content is just tossed on there to give it "something" it WILL NOT remain like it is. The main graphics for the design are as they are going to stay for the most part though.

But the real reason I need help is:

I have never really worried about AOL users when building a site, but these folks specifically asked about aol browsers using the site... would some of you AOL users see if you can view this page in the AOL browser. (please tell me what version browser and Operating System you are running.)

http://www.starpizzaonline.com

some servers might not be able to contact that page simply because the DNS isn't updated everywhere. So if that don't work try:

http://www.starhosting.net/starpizzaonline

critique or comment if you want
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2001#14022 Report
doh. I just finally cancelled my AOL account like 2 days ago. :rolleyes:

It should look ok. AOL's browser is IE, set in AOL's software. It's not like, their own browser or something.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2001#14067 Report
Dang MBB!....what are you trying to be "l33t"? cause you KNOW the first step is getting rid of AOL. ;)

Cool, if AOL is IE...I'm in business
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 22nd 2001#14077 Report
Well, I was keeping it for bandwidth-free storage space. :D

Had cable for over a year now. But, I just realized it's not 'cancelled' until the 26th, so I checked it:

And as I knew, it looks exactly the same. And yeah, IE is just integrated into AOL's software, so it 'looks' like 'their' browser, but all it is is like IE 5.0 or 5.5 (depending on what AOL version the user might have).

edit: I should also mention, the only problem AOL really serves in web design, is the horrible way they compress images due to certain restrictions, but even that was ok with the site too.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum