TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Favor for a friend

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 19th 2004#162995 Report
This friend of mine wanted me to make a quick site for something he calls his Skamoto crew. Its basically a forum community. Just a bunch of friends getting together and talking bout stuff that goes on. The purpose of the site is to give them something to talk about. There will be little updates on it and skate vids as well as motocross vids. Hence the name Skamoto. He wanted something dark, but I wanted it easy to read... this is what I came up with.

http://img51.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img51&image=maindesign.jpg

(obviously the rest of the BG will be red)

ooooo yea, its going to be done mostly with css.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 23rd 2004#163152 Report
Hey,

That's a nice design you got there...

What would make the design even better though, is :

1) If you changed the font to something sans-serif like verdana (9)

2) put a little bit more eye candy on the left side underneath the top

Marc
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 23rd 2004#163154 Report
You do need more "eye candy" as lazy suggests. Look at other sites also directed at your target audience and see what their take is. Go look at sunglasses companies to skateboard and obviously motocross - look at what they are pitching at and emulate (a distinction from copying). At the moment it is a bit corporate looking rather than "youth".
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 24th 2004#163166 Report
I already changed the font to just a standard san serif. About the eye candy... I was thinking of that, but wasnt really sure where to go with it. I need to talk to my friend about it. Thanks guys.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 24th 2004#163179 Report
I don't have the time to comment on the design, but consider using www.flickr.com instead of that image shack business.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 3rd 2004#163456 Report
Ive worked alot with the site. Taking in mind what you guys mentioned and taking requests from my friend... which have never been that great. Just a "nice man" or a "hey you should do this...". After much deliebration. I think Ive come up with a design that im alot happier with. It lacks a menu system at the moment. I havent bothered to put it up yet. There is space for it, but I have yet to code it.

Oh, and Ive only been testing the css in IE6 and Mozilla. If you have a diff browser and something isnt right, if you could.. post a pic of the problem or explain it. Thanks guys.

*removed*
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 3rd 2004#163457 Report
Site is great, needs a better background though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 3rd 2004#163458 Report
yea, the background I have there now was just somewhat a last minute decision. I want to spend time on a better background.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 3rd 2004#163463 Report
Little update.. got the menu system up. Bugs?

*removed*
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum