TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

new design(still looking for host)

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 29th 2004#160818 Report
waddya think? dont ask about the host, its a long story. its the home page, i havnt set up the rollovers yet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/HuLkSMASH/pre.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 29th 2004#160837 Report
30 views and nothing? cmon dudes throw me a bone hear. im trying to get better at this.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2004#160897 Report
i liked the color scheme but for some reason it was a bit too dark and you cant really see the about me and contact buttons unless ur straining ur eyes which is what i did
but other than that i liked it.

maybe my monitor was too dark...

cheers
MEL
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2004#160998 Report
Hi,

good work May be a bit dark and I think you may try different font for the navigation.

>> dont ask about the host, its a long story.

What about host :p ?

Nat
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 7th 2004#161190 Report
I'd say that your navigation layout is a little foreign. You've got 'about' and contact links up in the trippy blue-ness along the top of the page where they are virtually impossible to see, and then 'Home', 'Portfolio', 'Downloads', and 'Tutorials' as the centrally located elements on the navbar.

I'd say simplify your navigation and page sectioning. For example, downloads, links, and tutorials can be called 'resources', so I'd place them together, under a 'resources' link, and then have each of those elements there.

Make 'about' and 'contact' share the same page as well, and trust me, these are things you want highlighted as much as possible. You want visitors to your site to be able to track you down as easily as possible for potential work.

Your text is what we here at teamps call 'newbie font'. It looks cool, but...it's also the mark of a newbie. It should be used sparingly, if at all. I think you want to delineate things that require headings with a graphical element, like a cool looking caret, or something of that nature. Also, you want nearly all the text on your site to be as easily readable as it can be, so it should contrast well with what's around/behind it. I'd advise lightening it's color from it's present state.

This kind of font looks good on a header, maybe even on a navbar, but I'd be wary of using it elsewhere.

So far, it looks like you're on the right track. I'd just say be wary of some of the things I mentioned above. Good luck, and I look forward to seeing the finished product.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 10th 2004#161246 Report
hey hey hey, got a new one up, take a look see. ( i scraped the earlier one).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/HuLkSMASH/bjpre.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 10th 2004#161247 Report
I like this one more...

the other didnt have enough contrast (too dark)

Maybe you can put the menu on the left...

other than that i think its good...a bit hard to comment on not much content on there...but good so far for me..
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 11th 2004#161254 Report
hmm I don't mean to sound rude but if you are able to make those 3d stuff that good.
Then just go with it and make something nice.
But I have a little little feeling that you didn't make the background so you are back to square one...
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 11th 2004#161257 Report
[QUOTE=3jorn]hmm I don't mean to sound rude but if you are able to make those 3d stuff that good.
Then just go with it and make something nice.
But I have a little little feeling that you didn't make the background so you are back to square one...[/QUOTE]

Kind of what I was thinking...
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2004#161295 Report
its a desktop background i made from about 6 images. i got alot of cool stuff i can do but i have a hard time putting it all together for a web page. i know how to make 3d stuff but i dont have a the program anymore thanks to a PC crash(maybe kazza can help me out with that...). i really like all the flash swish websites so maybe thats where i need to be in web design. i just know how to do alot and i guess im just overwhelmed and everything comes out looking like ****. oh well, heres to learning *drinks beer*. thanks for the comments and ill see what i can do about making this one look better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum