TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Layout (what? I made something!?) Suggestions!

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 26th 2004#160654 Report
So I made a simple little layout to show my stuff...

http://www.haxorcubed.com/slonik/

The area in the middle will reload with the page content, the vertical space to the left will have... er... something, it'll have something, probably, in big text, the name of that specific page... or some auxillary links or something.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2004#160661 Report
I imagine it's difficult to add the content, considering the unusual shape of the white (content) area, try using a normal corner instead.
The interlace kind of makes the site look less sharp, you could go for a classic design or a more interesting effect applied to the interlace, also the header could use an interesting image as background.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2004#160744 Report
73 views and one lonely reply? I swear, TeamPS HATES my threads! :eek: :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2004#160753 Report
If it's a hard site to critisize, then no one will reply. Usually that's a good thing (i think?).

I really like the logo you used, that's one sexy elephant. Maybe you could reverse the curve on the right of the logo, so that it curves into the larger curve. I think the line on the right (the one that comes up from the bottom, and sits directly under "writings") is a bit too thick, and might be better off thin. I also think you keep the same color-losing gradient for that line, it looks out of place compared to the others. The rollovers look nice, although they depreciate slightly in sexyness as you go to the ligther buttons.

"try using a normal corner instead" -- boo. That would probably make the layout look empty.. although i guess that depends on the content for each page. I think if that corner was a bit less wide of a curve, it would be just fine.

I think you should continue with the border around the entire site, instead of having the red corner smack up against the box.

Sexy elephant ya got there, too bad he's got a line going through his arse. Not roasting for dinner hopefully.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 28th 2004#160760 Report
[QUOTE=Yacovitch]If it's a hard site to critisize, then no one will reply. Usually that's a good thing (i think?).

I really like the logo you used, that's one sexy elephant. Maybe you could reverse the curve on the right of the logo, so that it curves into the larger curve. I think the line on the right (the one that comes up from the bottom, and sits directly under "writings") is a bit too thick, and might be better off thin. I also think you keep the same color-losing gradient for that line, it looks out of place compared to the others. The rollovers look nice, although they depreciate slightly in sexyness as you go to the ligther buttons.

"try using a normal corner instead" -- boo. That would probably make the layout look empty.. although i guess that depends on the content for each page. I think if that corner was a bit less wide of a curve, it would be just fine.

I think you should continue with the border around the entire site, instead of having the red corner smack up against the box.

Sexy elephant ya got there, too bad he's got a line going through his arse. Not roasting for dinner hopefully.[/QUOTE]

You see, my content will be TINY. The graphics/photos pages will have little, clickable squares that will pop open the graphics/photos themselves. The about page will just have a few words about me. The writings page will have links to different little bits that I wrote. The news page is just what's new on the site... content will be small, which is why the whole site is small and why that stuff is in the bottom right... having that be all white is boooring. But I see what you mean with the fatness of the left line.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 28th 2004#160774 Report
i don't mind the single huge red corner, actually, i like it, breaks up any square-ey-ness nicely. the problem for me is the use of so many of those corners. keep the big one. like yacovitch suggests, either flip/rotate/delete the other ones for a better sense unity.

also agree with yacovitch about the elephant, that line's a bit weird, i'm not sure what would look best, but i would try either: a) line going all the way through elephant, no glow; b) same as a) but with glow. personally don't think the glow is necessary, but i guess it matches the glowing links.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 29th 2004#160813 Report
Eh, I don't know... it looks too naked without the line for my taste... looks like the elephant is about to run away and the letters are about to fall down. But I'll try it. Maybe I'll make a whole new header even... but bah! So lazy I am! I haven't even started on the content yet.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum