TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Lay it on me

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160554 Report
Ok ... so here is another one. Basically I havn't sliced it yet because as most of you know, my websites are not slice worthy :D Take a look tell me what you think.

http://www.ozweegoville.com/OneMan/
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160561 Report
I'm really digging the icons on the left, the hat in particular. Simple = sexy. I'm not too sure if the puzzle piece and the X fit their subject as well as the others, that might be a small detail you'd want review. The color style is kept simple, and is well arranged. It might be a little heavy on the orange, but maybe reducing the width of the bottom bar would help. I don't really like how it looks on higher resolutions (aligned to the left), but since its not in slices, for all i know you might make it suitable for all sizes.

Not slice worthy? Be proud of you work!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 24th 2004#160567 Report
Not bad. One thing that sticks out though is the seperation in the nav. The extra white space after each button is a distraction (too much contrast). Maybe cut the white space in half (thin line) or put the buttons together and use some kinda single pixel (blacK? maybe dark gray) line to seperate them.

The puzzle piece, if you do keep it, i think would look better if rotated like 30 degrees. Except for the X, everything else is on a slight angle. Actually the X kinda works because its made of diagonals. But the puzzle piece is straight, which breaks the top-bottom flow you want in the navigation.

Also because your navigation is so heavy (the overal site is weighted to the left) you may want to left align your logo. This way it gets seen first and flows into the navigation. Being right aligned, it may not be seen at all because the content is what a user will look at after the navigation.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum