TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

VioletPhoto.com

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 16th 2004#160177 Report
Well I got a new job a couple of weeks ago, at a Photo processing place downtown. They want me to do a web site where people can upload pics like on ofoto or shutterfly, so I'm having to learn to program for that and everything.

This is what I have so far for the front page. I'm going to do a static mockup of the site before I start programming it, so that it's easier to make changes.

It's HTMLified, but none of the links work yet 'cause I haven't done any more pages.

http://violetphoto.com/newsite/front.htm

oh, and i didn't design the logo, that was designed before I cam along. I did the rest of the graphics though. Except that box, which is from istockphoto.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 16th 2004#160179 Report
Wow derek, I do have to say I am definatly digging it. The coding looks great, and the site looks good too. The "Login" button looks a little wierd, I don't know if it is the size or something. Looking good though, nice job.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 16th 2004#160182 Report
Looks good deker, i like the style and the colors actaully. Only thing that i saw that i might change is when the browser windows in expanded (at least for me 1600x1200, firefox 1.0) the login moves all the way to the left of the page by the logo...

Other than that I think it looks good man
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 16th 2004#160186 Report
where the hell are the mouseovers ! I want flashy pretty things
NOW NW NOW NOW..

it looks nice derek pretty too!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 18th 2004#160232 Report
The only thing I might suggest is some kinda seperation of content. Everything kind of runs together and you'd probably benefit from putting more emphasis on the "upload/print/ship" steps, kinda driving home the "hey, that looks easy, i'll sign up" idea.

Maybe something as simple as an horiz rule. Blue (like the nav) might be good....with the same width as the images (ie it doesn't touch the borders).

Overall though, pretty nice!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 18th 2004#160246 Report
I like the layout. It's simple and nice. I do agree wih John - a horizontal divider might help.

hihi - you wrote "Creat a new account" It's a nice site.

Will it have galleries available to the general public as well or just login based for clients?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 18th 2004#160252 Report
We aren't going to do galleries, we don't really have the resources to open it up like that. Our hosting bill would be enormous. We're really just focusing on the local market with our deliveries and stuff, not try to compete with Ofoto and the others that are half the price of us.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2004#160454 Report
nice and clean layout - i was able to find the sense behind the whole thing in seconds.

only thing i dont like in general r this large gradientspaces in the boxes.

goodjob
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2004#160546 Report
I thought it looked nice also!
Very clean, but very stylish.

Tho I saw the same thing as x_fusion_x, the login moves around with resolution!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum