TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Client - Beaded Wire Jewellery

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 12th 2004#160005 Report
Ok, got this new client that wants to Take his business online. He wants user friendly, he wants elegant.

Click here to view his current site :confused: YUCK!

And click here to view my first image rendering of my design

I think I've got the elegant part down pretty good, and I know theres not much content, but what do YOU all think? The "upcoming shows" text will link to the full detail of each item, and the ring image in the top left corner will probably change from section to section, or be totally random.

Also, they really dont have a real "logo" so the one at the top of my design is what I came up with. Its nothing special, but I think it does its justice.

And yes, I know it all looks like a crappy jpg, thats because it is! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 12th 2004#160012 Report
Nice layout. I think it’s both friendly and elegant. Just some small picky layout suggestions though. You should align the “h” in the home button with the “b” in beaded and the line running under Flint’s original wire are jeweler should either align with the line under products or maybe move the whole left panel 3 or 4 spaces down. Maybe have it align with the word welcome in your paragraph.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 12th 2004#160015 Report
Very nice man... like you said it will look better when its actually not a crappy jpg. But yours even being a crappy jpeg is better than his original design :p

Nice work man, make sure you post it when you get the site finished
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 13th 2004#160028 Report
he hehe he eh he
you said.........."his original DESIGN" :p
he ehe ehehehe
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 13th 2004#160035 Report
okay, okay. I think that's taking the slagging of his original work too far. It's kinda unprofessional.

Imagine if he accidentally stumbled onto this thread? You'd be toast.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 13th 2004#160039 Report
Yeah, the old one's not THAT bad. It's just oldskool, and you're doing a fine job thus far of updating it. Whoever coded it inthe beginning did a relatively thorough job as well, and the site appears pretty functional, albeit outdated, and not really super slick.

One suggestion for yours though, which you can't really show us 'till it's done, but in the header, I think you should add a tiny flash component, and have the picture in the top left change, so as to showcase different pieces of jewellery, because your design thus far isn't really heavy on sort of "showcase" images. Just sort of the typical catalogue-esque "here's some earrings with a price under them" sort of images. Mind you, yours is no different from every other online store ever, but I think that there should be a "product spotlight" type of image, when a customer clicks on a piece, and things like size and dimensions would be shown, they should be shown a more "elegant" picture of the piece they're thinking of buying. And that type of image should be shown in the top left, where the gold ring is now, in the same motif.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 18th 2004#160240 Report
Heres tha very latest!

Well, some changes have been made since the last consultation with this client, He wanted a few things bigger, and the home content changed up a bit.

Pganguly - Yes, I agree with your product spotlight Idea, and will bring it up to mr. Dan and see waht he thinks.

FlackBait - Yea - Made the changes, I like it - THANKS
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 18th 2004#160243 Report
The updates look nice. I noticed bigger, easier to read text on the left, and of course the model on the front page. Those were the kinds of images I was talking about in my last post. Ones that are more 'eye-candy' type of images, rather than the regular flat pictures on a white bg (which is not specific to your site, cuz that's the case on ever sales website in the world, so I'm not dissing your creativity)

Looking really good so far, and I can't wait to see it all done.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum