TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My new portfolio

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 30th 2004#159309 Report
im thankfull to get the chance to post my stuff here

www.vectory.mybin.biz/kk (link is for ppl aged 12 onwards)

enjoy and give critic as hard as the morninpipe

;p
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2004#159311 Report
One thing that I noticed that was annoying beyond belief was that when I click on your drawing, it pops up a new window and slowly resizes it to fit your picture. I can't make it bigger, because it resizes it again. And then when I close the window, and try to open up another one, the window is the same size as your drawings...tall and skinny. That's annoying.
It's looking pretty good though...maybe you want to make the text 'VEC' stand out a bit more..it gets kinda blended in near the bottom.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2004#159318 Report
this dhtml window was some wok for me - nobody like it tho :(

will remove it - as i will sharpen the crispy teaseredges
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2004#159322 Report
I said I'd give you the last word on your other thread - but I'd hate it for you to believe I'm just mean. I'll give honest critique.

It's a very nice layout. I'm not particularly fond of the main (largest) graphic - the thing with the PS toolbars was used before and it's not original anymore. I like the color scheme. It's decent and doesn't hurt the eyes. The background looks a bit screwy in Opera but I guess that's fixable.

I very much enjoyed your drawings (but I don't like the small thumbnails - they make it hard to get an ideea of what you're looking at)
Also you should maybe consider a footer for your layout. On larger resolutions it gets cut a little abrupt at the bottom.
one more thing I find disturbing - is the lack of consistency - language wise. You have your navigation buttons in English but most of the content in German. I'd like to read the captions for the pics and stuff... but I don't know German. and it's frustrating because I can understand the buttons...
Also to be picky - the rounded inner corners of your panels could do with a little smoothing and there is a weird gap between the Shoutbox panel and the Stats one in Opera - it doesn't show in IE.

this is what I mean:

Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2004#159324 Report
I agree with what the others have said for the most part. The edges of some of your corners are jagged, language inconsistent, and none of the sites you've posted seem to be finished, but you act like they are. Are they still in development or have you just not gotten around to finishing them yet? This site needs a pre-loader for your rollovers as well. I mean they are ok, but there is definitely a delay that could easily be fixed with a pre-loader, or by using CSS for the rollovers instead of Javascript.

The dHTML window resizer thing really is very frustrating. In general most people hate it when you mess with their window size, as they have to resize it manually for the next site they go to, etc. It also slows down the browsing experience. After clicking an image, I have to wait for it to finish jiggling around before I can really take a good look at it. It makes me not want to finish looking at your portfolio because I don't want to wait for the jiggling to stop.

The "button-ish" things in the upper left are kind of unnecessary. Like the speaker icon. It looks like a button, but it doesn't actually do anything. I'd just remove it it to prevent any confusion.

It's kind of confusing to have a News box as well as an Update box on the front page as well, since they are basically the same thing.

And that's about all I can say since the rest of the site isn't up.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2004#159326 Report
[QUOTE=mihai]I said I'd give you the last word on your other thread - but I'd hate it for you to believe I'm just mean. I'll give honest critique.

It's a very nice layout. I'm not particularly fond of the main (largest) graphic - the thing with the PS toolbars was used before and it's not original anymore. I like the color scheme. It's decent and doesn't hurt the eyes. The background looks a bit screwy in Opera but I guess that's fixable.

I very much enjoyed your drawings (but I don't like the small thumbnails - they make it hard to get an ideea of what you're looking at)
Also you should maybe consider a footer for your layout. On larger resolutions it gets cut a little abrupt at the bottom.
one more thing I find disturbing - is the lack of consistency - language wise. You have your navigation buttons in English but most of the content in German. I'd like to read the captions for the pics and stuff... but I don't know German. and it's frustrating because I can understand the buttons...
Also to be picky - the rounded inner corners of your panels could do with a little smoothing and there is a weird gap between the Shoutbox panel and the Stats one in Opera - it doesn't show in IE.

this is what I mean:

[/QUOTE]

thats wut i call a feedback heh
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2004#159340 Report
Humm ok I can't let this go... sorry. Your layout is well done yes, but that's just a rip (or almost a rip) of http://www.cirruscirrus.com/

I even admit myself I got inspired by that layout when I was working on my own website, but I didn't copy this guy's work. You on the other hand did copy that website if not we can say you were heavily inspired.

I don't know, maybe I'm just being an ass, if so just tell me. But I thought I should point this out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2004#159342 Report
I'd say heavily inspired, but not a rip.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2004#159353 Report
c there r some good forums in germ aswell - at 1 off them the cirrus/24media dude is tha adminc+ so if we all post our thingys there sometimes they become "similiar" - and yes ofcourse did his brilliant work influenced me.

anyway my site is not a rip cause i did anything for my own,

thx
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 3rd 2004#159628 Report
Yeah, I didn't want to be an ass. I was just making sure about this and like I said he inspired me as well. Anyway, no hard feelings? >.<

What is that german board you are talking about?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum