TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

my project

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 19th 2004#158791 Report
Well it's faaar from beeing done, but I thought I could use some critics before going farther.

-link

The text/links aren't set and I haven't fix the jaggy edges... but that's gonna be for the end. It's only a picture, so I guess I could of posted that in the digital art section, but anyway...

I know the background I used isn't mine and I will change it when I'll have mine ready. But I just used this one for the demonstration... also notice I resized the image, so it's not the full size of the layout.

C&C welcome
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2004#158792 Report
i think it looks good, but with the look you went with, the metal and kinda techno looky stuff i dont think that the sort of cursive font really suits it. I think it would look better with some type of more plain technical font
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2004#158807 Report
I think it looks alright, but fixed the jagged edges and do something with the links along the top. Make them fit the piano/bar like thing.... looks good though
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2004#158817 Report
Ahh, finally, a site that I can actually give comment on but I still like. Here I go, don't take this list personally cuz I am digging the site, it is just the little things I can see.

-Jaggies (everyone else set that :p)
-Nav on left and right, that font and style doesn't seem to be diggin' eachother, I'm not sure about the motion blur effect.
-A few pixels along the top dont look like they belong, I think the layout should be connected to the top and not floating down a few pixels.
-The background and layout seem to not flow right... I don't know if it is just me but it looks wierd. Cool background though.
-Nav in center, if you are gonna have the lines then you should make the font fit into those lines to make it look better.
-It may be cool if on the header the left and right weren't so identical, make them still look even but different. :D

Awesome layout, awesome ideas, its just those littles things that IMO would make your site look twice as good. Awesome job. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2004#158851 Report
First, thx for the repplies

Mi Lo Fu:
the metal and kinda techno looky stuff

I wasn't thinking it would look techno or something like that, haha, to tell the truth, I was going more for a neutral feeling... not too futuristic and not too retro.

i dont think that the sort of cursive font really suits it

ya, I was wondering if it fits.

x_fusiun_x:
fixed the jagged edges and do something with the links along the top

yup, I know about the jagged edges, I'll probably do it at the very end. And I was just waiting for the link bar, because I wasn't sure if I'd stick with that font.

KinEtiK:
Jaggies (everyone else set that )

Like I said, I'll do it at the end... cause I'm lazy :D

Nav on left and right, that font and style doesn't seem to be diggin' eachother, I'm not sure about the motion blur effect.

okie, me going to hunt for a sweet font (>.<) but what you mean by "motion blur" I didn't do any.

A few pixels along the top dont look like they belong, I think the layout should be connected to the top and not floating down a few pixels.

Is that two comments? What you mean by those few pixels on top? And you make a good point with that space between the header and the body... Although it looks more right in full size, I'm gonna look into it.

The background and layout seem to not flow right... I don't know if it is just me but it looks wierd. Cool background though.

Ya, that part isn't done yet... like I said this isn't the background I'm gonna use and when I'll have my background I'll make them flow together (background and layout).

Nav in center, if you are gonna have the lines then you should make the font fit into those lines to make it look better.

yes, like I said to fusiun, I was waiting to be sure about the font used.

It may be cool if on the header the left and right weren't so identical, make them still look even but different.

Good point, I'll think of something.

Again thanks for the comments, if anyone else want to critic it, feel free to do so :D

I'm just scared to start the coding part... I never done that before :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum