TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Client site 'roughed' out

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 6th 2004#157750 Report

Feedback welcome. The client has two locations, and wanted the feel of two sites, but the simplicity of one. You'll see what I mean. Feel free to comment, but colors were a client decision and are locked.
;)

Thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2004#157751 Report
It’s quite interesting how you managed to work with those two colors. I don’t know if it’s my astigmatism or that the text “Adrian Psychology Associates” seem a bit fuzzy. Plus I don’t think you’ve specified a a:visited class in your style sheet; it’s still the default purple.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2004#157752 Report

oops :rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2004#157753 Report
yeah ?Adrian Psychology Associates? is a bit fuzzy.......though its mostly the font itself rather than anti-ailiasing.

I think you did a good job with the 2 in 1 theme. I wish the blue could be a bit less saturated though. But its a client site....not your own so who cares.

One problem though, the lansing page is backwards (or atleast i think it is). On the adrian page......you have a green header with "adrian" and then the blue lansing box on the bottom. On the lansing page you have the same setup.......where i would expect the header to be the blue with "lansing".......and the green adrain box would be on the bottom. Its kinda confusing.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2004#157762 Report
I agree with all has been said, and i really think the broadway-style font needs to go. Just a straight Arial with -75 or so letterspacing, or maybe Verdana would do fine, but ultimatey it's up to you.

Those two colors do seem a bit "harsh", but then again i am speaking out of a bias towards lighter-toned websites.

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2004#157774 Report
I think I'll play with some different fonts, then. Thanks guys!

Yeah, the colors are a step out of the norm for me. I usually end up working with greys and subdued tones--but hey! Gotta step out of the boat every once in a while.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2004#157828 Report
Okay... changed out the fonts. Same link, just reload.

http://www.pictusdesign.com/apa
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2004#157842 Report
I know I'm not s'pposed to say anything about the colors but...but... but...aaah

I like the simple layout. The new fonts work better. But If I would do it I'd use caligraphic fonts. I dunno why - it's the way I see it - "psychoanalysis" is a loong and convoluted word...needs curvey text hihi

I was also thinking - instead of the squarish looking shapes you have under photos - I think you could fit nicely some Rorschach blotchy spots... keeps with the subject lol.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2004#158118 Report
I let the customer look at different fonts... looks like this is the 'one'.

I like the Rorschach test idea... kinda looks like blots under the menu on the left... ?!?

I moved the site to the live domain >>> http://www.adrianpsychotherapy.com . Now the WAIT for the content begins. Why does it take clients soooo long to get you all the content?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum