TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Comments Please

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157391 Report
shooting for a simplistic design for a new site of mine. Would appreciate some feedback.

http://www.lifeofexile.com/index2.html

thanks in advance
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157392 Report
Hello isam,

Plain and simple: I like it. There's already enough sites on the Web proliferated with dancing bears and tincan soundbites. The only suggestion I would make is that your column of text on the right hand side should be exactly that - a column of text. Unless you planned it to run under the menu box.

I've got a few PS tutorials sitting around somewhere. If you're interested I can dig them up. Do I just send you the html pages and graphics for the tut, and then you arrange them on a page yourself?

Let me know ....

- dc
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157399 Report
Hey isam,

First lemme say welcome to teamphotoshop

Second, Your site is pretty good... but i have a few suggestions...

1.) I would center the site... I just think it would make it look less blank around the edges.
2.) I kindof like the simplicity of the entire thing, thats the look you were going for and I think you accomplished it. But something about it kindof makes it fell too simple.
3.) I would really consider doing away with that really ugly looking counter, I would maybe just but it in normal text down by a little copyright thing or something. Make it less obvious and less of an eye catching eye sore.
4.) I wouldnt consider the cursor change on the "recent changes" I would just leave it normal.

Other than that I think it looks pretty good, with a few little changes here and there I think it would look great
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157432 Report
[QUOTE=dcloud]Hello isam,

Plain and simple: I like it. There's already enough sites on the Web proliferated with dancing bears and tincan soundbites. The only suggestion I would make is that your column of text on the right hand side should be exactly that - a column of text. Unless you planned it to run under the menu box.

I've got a few PS tutorials sitting around somewhere. If you're interested I can dig them up. Do I just send you the html pages and graphics for the tut, and then you arrange them on a page yourself?

Let me know ....

- dc[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I agree that there are way too many sites out there that leave the user yearning for simplicity. They have their place, but I prefer more of a simplistic/basic design, so this is what I aimed for. I have to admit that the credit is not all mine though, as I found a template and did some modification to it. As far as the text column on the right hand side, the reason it's this way was because I couldn't find an easy way to re-do the CSS. The template was made in such a way for the text to wrap around the recent changes box and have multiple paragraphs of text. I think in time, it'll look better as I add more site updates and site news to it. For this reason, I think i'll leave it alone for the time being.

As far as the tutorils you got, what sort are they? For making header graphics or? If thats the case, I was thinking of doing some sort of a header, but for whatever reason, the images i made just didnt come out to my standard. I decided that it'd be easier and more with the simplicity of the layout to stick with an all text/CSS page.

thanks again for your feedback, definately is appreciated
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157433 Report
[QUOTE=x_fusiun_x]Hey isam,

First lemme say welcome to teamphotoshop

Second, Your site is pretty good... but i have a few suggestions...

1.) I would center the site... I just think it would make it look less blank around the edges.
2.) I kindof like the simplicity of the entire thing, thats the look you were going for and I think you accomplished it. But something about it kindof makes it fell too simple.
3.) I would really consider doing away with that really ugly looking counter, I would maybe just but it in normal text down by a little copyright thing or something. Make it less obvious and less of an eye catching eye sore.
4.) I wouldnt consider the cursor change on the "recent changes" I would just leave it normal.

Other than that I think it looks pretty good, with a few little changes here and there I think it would look great [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the warm welcome. As far as your suggestions go, they too, are quite appreciated. I do agree the page is a bit 'blank' on the right hand side, and perhaps making the entire thing more centered would help the overall balance of the page.

Regarding your second point, simplicity was my goal. I'm not quite sure what you mean by it being 'too simple'. Perhaps you could elaborate a bit. Please note that this is one of my first efforts at creating a CSS based site, so perhaps thats another reason for this.

As far as the counter goes, that was added as more of an afterthought and I agree wholeheartedly that it needs to be integrated into the overall look/feel of the site more. I put it there just to gauge how many overall visitors im getting. I posted the site on a few forums

The cursor change is due to the template I had used, and I'm not quite sure how to make it 'normal'. Perhaps you could help me here?

Thanks for the comments. A second beta of the site should come shortly
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 3rd 2004#157464 Report
#sidebox {
border: 1px solid #fff;
float: left;
width: 45%;
margin: 10px 10px 0px 0px;
padding: 10px;
background-color: #172244;
cursor: help;
font-size: 12px;
color: #fff;
}

edit out the "cursor: help; line and your good ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 3rd 2004#157467 Report
[QUOTE=x_fusiun_x]edit out the "cursor: help; line and your good ;)[/QUOTE]

aha, thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 5th 2004#157701 Report
new content and links (mostly) added. Page(s) will be updated bi-weekly (i'll try anyhow)
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 5th 2004#157707 Report
yay for css ! make me proud young one! it could use a bit o something ? not sure.. but I mean jsut for a simple css layout I like it
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2004#158109 Report
The site is plain and simple, that's really nice.
The layout itself is also good.

This is what I would changed:
- The menu, I don't know how to fix it, but I feel there's to much styles used on it
- Get rid of the counter, that think is just butt-ugly.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum