TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My Site: The Spark of Imagination

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157324 Report
Well, I was told to post my website here, so here goes: http://www.dcloud.com

I started designing for the Web about five years ago, after a friend asked me to design him a logo for his website. He turned me onto Photoshop so I went and downloaded the trial copy and took it for a spin. When that program first opened up on my desktop I was like "Ohmigod!" - the thing looked like Mission Control, lol.

I spent about three months looking up tons of tutorials on the Web and teaching myself how to use PS. Then I joined up for a couple PS classes at lvsonline.com and learned even more. I also found some awesome PS gurus who have helped me out a lot (kudos to Colin Smith, Al ward, Bert Monroy, and Mark Larmand - you guys are the greatest!). I was amazed .... my friend paid me for designing his logo and I thought, "Hey, I could do this for a living."

So here I am. My website is version twenty-something, lol .... come on over and take a look and hopefully it puts a smile on your face - that's what it's all about, eh?

- dc
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157330 Report
You've got some great work! I enjoy your style. And Bert Monroy is like my hero. =o
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157372 Report
Rock on dude. You'll fit in nicely here - you've got a lot of talent regardless of how skilled you are at Photoshop right now. You're really good with it now, and I'm excited to see what you'll be coming up with next.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157374 Report
that's a very nice site. Fun too I love your illustrations. And Spark is cute. Welcome.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157375 Report
Awesome logo, and awesome site. :D Welcome, hope we can make you even better. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157384 Report
Thanks everyone Bert is a great guy, definitely a PS legend. As for hero status I would have to elect Colin Smith (PhotoshopCafe) - he has been a great help and an even bigger inspiration in my development as a designer.

No offense, Bert ....

- dc
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157385 Report
Looks really good from what I say, I love everything. But your site seems REALLY slow... im on 3mb cable and its just taking forever. Who is your host? and is anyone else getting this? Maybe its just my connection or something.

Looks really good though man and welcome to the forums
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157397 Report
Excellent. And to x_fusiun_x, I'm on a 1mb ADSL connection and it was fine for me so maybe the server was playing up on your visit?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 2nd 2004#157418 Report
loaded quick for me, i really like your style
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2004#158120 Report
Nice work, DCloud! You site presents and navigates very well.

What part of Michigan are you from? As a Michigander who just relocated to Tennessee last year, I sometimes miss the great white north... but then I realize I can play golf year around now!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum