TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

www.ADCOpro.com

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 18th 2004#155855 Report
I made a new template with some changes that my client asked for.
I have gotten comments that the Colors of the buttons are kinda of tacky, but I am haveing trouble finding colors that will work, Does any one have any Ideas, PLEAZ HELP!!!

www.imagennetstudio.com/ADCO/v3.html

THANX
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 18th 2004#155857 Report
Well...my suggestion is stick to 3 colors only for the entire layout.

color #1 - Gray. Which also allows black/white (those are a given in any layout).

color #2 - You'll want to keep the dark blue. It's the logo/the nav/the phone number....its an important color.

color #3 - Dark red. Its the slogan so it holds some importance. It also contrasts nicely with light gray and it introduces a warm color into the cool layout.

Your colors now dont work because

1) there is no orange anywhere on the rest of the layout...nor do the other colors combine/relate to orange. For ex....if you used red and yellow. Like you have red and blue now...so a purple would have been a good choice to consider.

2) The red & blue are too bright. They dont match the darker colors and they look horrible on a light colored background.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 18th 2004#155859 Report
Thanks I changed the colors to start with the dark blue and get lighter and lighter with each button check it out now!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 18th 2004#155865 Report
I think thats better. I also like how now the colors lead your eye down the page....the gradient gives a sense of direction. Only 1 complaint.....and thats the top button. Its too dark (especially compared with the "gradient").

See what you think about this color #515187

Its a bit darker than the middle button, it gives a softer feel and still allows the navigation to stand out (being the darkest blue).
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 18th 2004#155873 Report
EXCELLENT!

THANX!

I couldn't have found a better color.
That is exactly what this forum is all about.
:o
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 18th 2004#155874 Report
Nice site by the way
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 19th 2004#155932 Report
Thanks. Glad I could help
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum