TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

help needed...

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 16th 2004#155736 Report
Hi everyone...
Now I would really need some help.
I have been working with this one site forever.
Or I have been working with this client forever...
Okey the thing is that this client wants everything working perfectly with all browsers and both with PC and Mac.
I don't have a Mac, and I have heard that it's problems with Mac and the safari browser.

So what I'm looking for from you guys and girls (okey I don't think there is any..)
, is to check for images that doesn't work, how things are aligned with different browsers and so on...
Not really searching for new ideas how to change the layout because I don't have much to say when it comes to that...
It's more of a he says what I should do and I don't ask question... I just fix the problems.

If you find any problems, AND you know how to fix it, it would be sweet if you could share it with me.
I can't really figure out how to code for Safari or Opera... it should work with IE and Mozilla...

http://www.viapori.fi/~tom.cederqvist/index1.html <- there is the site.

preloader for the flashes will come and if you click on the logo it will throw you to index.html but the file is still called index1.html so that the clients wont see all the faults that still are on the site...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2004#155745 Report
Opera 7.5 - all fine, the text 'Architecture' is a bit jagged/pixelated.
but the alignment and the overall site is fine
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2004#155766 Report
Other than a preloader and the dead link I think it looks really good man. I like the birds in the background. Im actually working on a flash page and it has birds kindof like that in the bg.. pretty cool. Nice work man :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2004#155774 Report
I loaded it in safari, and when I go to projects I get a blank frame showing up on the bottom with the navigation in the main frame to the left then the images of the project are aligned on the bottom of the navigation, aim me f00: petakilla9
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 19th 2004#155925 Report
if you ever want to see what sites look like in other browsers, other OS's, other resolutions can always use:

http://www.browsercam.com/

(feel like I'm advertising which I'm not trying to do)

site looks great on firefox - only thing I would suggest is alter the title "ADAM arcitects" just a little - the fonts are too similar in size - I'd thin out "architects" and reduce it's size - also move it nearer to the body of text since those two words are part of the introductory sentence. Looks like it's floating ...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2004#156052 Report
Like MichaelP said, the projects are mis-aligned in safari... I uploaded a screenshot in case he didn't show you yet.

I don't have time to figure out what's wrong at the moment, but taking a glance at the code I'm surprised it works in any browser... Are you doing it in dreamweaver or something? pretty nasty code, and very inefficient. You could get the code for a site that simple to about 1/4 of that.

Why is the front page flash? that could easily be html... and it might even get on search engines that way. and why is the text all images in places, but not others? seems pretty inconsistent.

oh well, i know how client demands can be...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2004#156626 Report
Damn I missed the replies on this...
Okey still help needed on this one...
If someone with safari could contact me at [email]toymachinen@hotmail.com[/email] on MSN it would be great.
I just want this job out of my face.

Deker, well yeah everything is REALLY messy in there because the client kept chaging his mind like 5 times a week...
So I have been trying to fix all his little things with different small codes and crap all over.
It's coded by hand and not with Dreamweaver.
About the flash and the text as gifs... yeah yeah I know, I know...
And belive me I have tried my best to explain how to make this as simple and good as possible, but it haven't really been easy... he has his ideas and he isn't really changing them.
As I said, he says what I should do and I just try to please him without actually getting my ideas in...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2004#156637 Report
Yeah I understand how that is. Clients are crazy.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2004#156649 Report
Okey really... WHY does the site start at the left side in safari?
I just don't get it...
I have that... but still it does it.
leftmargin="24" topmargin="20" marginwidth="26" marginheight="20

I noticed that if I center the site it will go to the center but nothing else works...
and I don't want to center...
AND it's too late to CSS it...
Anyone have any toughts?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2004#156652 Report
well as a last resort you could use frames, but I dont know how those work in safari. :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum