TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

digitalmatt.net - your thoughts?

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 8th 2004#155176 Report
I was very rushed to complete this design because my unit was in the process of deploying to Iraq. I didn't even get a chance to make a preloader. I'm currently in Baghdad waiting for my new laptop and software to get here so that I can improve the design. But I was wondering what everyone thinks. Any suggestions? (please turn on your speakers for the background music).

http://www.digitalmatt.net
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2004#155211 Report
I think it looks pretty good, but there are a few things that I would change... make sure there is a button to turn off the bg music... just incase someone would want to do that. All of the links seem to open in a new window instead of the Iframe where I think you want them to open. Other than that though I think it looks pretty good
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2004#155218 Report
I appreciate that I definitely am going to learn actionscript while I'm here. Know any good sites where I can learn things like collaborating dhtml with flash?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2004#155228 Report
The top 1/2 takes forever to load in. Why bother having buttons that lead to pages saying "I am too lazy to put content here, but thanks for clicking 3 times" (counting my pop up blocker override)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2004#155244 Report
[QUOTE=thehermit]The top 1/2 takes forever to load in. Why bother having buttons that lead to pages saying "I am too lazy to put content here, but thanks for clicking 3 times" (counting my pop up blocker override)[/QUOTE]

Crude criticism, but constructive nonetheless. I was just learning flash and wasn't sure how to make my links target that in-line frame on the main page. And like I said, I had little time because I was preparing to deploy to Iraq :rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2004#155355 Report
Preloader is really needed, to bad you didn't have the time to make one.
It takes to long to load it. And I agree on the ON/OFF for the music.
Other than that it was nice
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 20th 2004#156055 Report
Your header doesn't need to be in Flash in the first place. It would load much quicker if you just made it an image with some plain HTML text in it. And you aren't using anything in the Flash that even makes it worth it. Flash for a rollover? Silly, and a waste of bandwidth and load time. Just make it an image and HTML unless you are really doing something that can only be done with Flash.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum