TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

GioiaDesign.net

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 2nd 2004#154778 Report
Just got my new site up and running - I would appreciate any comments and critiques that the users of this forum may have. I am new to this board, regular around PhotoshopCafe.

Link to GioiaDesign.net

Have a safe and happy fourth ...

Larry
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2004#154782 Report
The first thing that I notice is the legibility of your header. White text alone is usually harder to read, and the addition of graphics makes it worse. Im not saying it bad...or to change the color, you just need to add contrast...maybe a light drop shadow or something. If anything, you want your name and URL to be readable.

2nd, dont vert. center your content. No one wants to scroll to see the first paragraph. It also looks bad as it breaks the lines of the layout.

As to the second nav, id get rid of it. Dual navs are really only useful IF you page scrolls beyond a acceptable point. If i scroll 2000px's.....than the second nav is my friend. If i dont have to scroll at all (or very little), then its just wasted space.

Other than those.....everything else seems to be ok.

Welcome to the forums BTW.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2004#154808 Report
I think it looks pretty good, but I agree with what rodder said. He said exactly what I would have recommended that you do. With a few little tweaks it will look pretty good man. Good site and welcome to the boards
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2004#154884 Report
nice work, reminds me a little bit on the standard invision powerboard skin but that's nothing negative, looks very smooth, nice colors and good to navigate / read.
Good work! Keep it up! ... and welcome too

Greetz
Michi
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2004#155017 Report
Nice clean layout, i like the pictures on the header...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2004#155020 Report
well it is very clean and very corporate. I personally dont like it when "design" websites look like this. I personally think design should have some personality. Im not saying that the site will not bring in customers because Im sure it will, it just isnt anything I would go after. When I see sites like this I get the impression that they are merely in it for some money, as most everyone wants, but it doesnt give the feeling that it will bring something exciting/different to the design world.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2004#155023 Report
hey not bad, is the 3 blocks your logo?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2004#155053 Report
Nice clean layout, I agree with everyone else about the headers, so I'm sure you will address that issue. The gradient in the main nav doesn't do anything for me tho... It reminds me of first year graphic design when everyone learned how to use gradients in illustrator. Perhaps some images might look nice in the text as well. I'm sure you'll figure all that stuff out tho.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 17th 2004#155793 Report
Hey all -

Thanks for comments, critiques, and your gracious welcome :D

I appreciate you taking the time look at my site as it is in its early stages of development/revision (based on your comments).

Yes - the three blocks is my logo as they relate to my tagline - imagine, visualize, design.

Thanks everyone - have a great weekend,

Larry G

:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum