TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

help me out here

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 23rd 2004#154091 Report
what do you guys think? please test it in different browsers for me and let me know. also let me know how fast it loads. does any one know of a good host that is free without banners and ads?

LINK
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2004#154096 Report
[QUOTE=brandonjky]what do you guys think? please test it in different browsers for me and let me know. also let me know how fast it loads. does any one know of a good host that is free without banners and ads?

LINK[/QUOTE]

It is just one pic, so not much to test out in different browsers really, loads pretty fast but thats not to weird for a 14k pic

As for the layout, I am sorry. It kinda looks like it took you about one hour max. Like you were thinking: I want a website fast, and started working, creating one real fast. The orange bar looks kinda weird, especially the extra "split" it does, Overall I think it is all a bit to simple, but as you seem to be a beginner I think you are going good, depending on how much time you spent on this and how long you have been designing.

Don't let my post scare you, keep it going.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2004#154149 Report
does any one know of a good host that is free without banners and ads

not going to happen.....unless maybe your ISP gives you a homepage? You can buy a host cheap (i pay $7 a month for more features than i need) OR find a free host with either popups (most ppl block them), text ads (they're less of a pain) or if they have banner ads, find out if they can be displayed at the bottom of the page.

As to the layout.....i kinda like the "split". It matches the lines in the image (the bottom line matches the images horizon, and the diagonal raises up like a skyscraper). I dont like the drop shadows though. Usually drop shadows are used to create a 3d look (usually 3d on a 2d layout is a bad idea) or its to accent/create contrast (such as text that blends into the background....you'd use a drop shadow to make it stand out more). Also I think the orange should be a solid color, the gradients dont match anything else in the layout.

Otherwise i agree its a good beginning.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 24th 2004#154172 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 24th 2004#154192 Report
im gonna design some more for a portfolio, i definantly can do better. thanks for your input ive taken all into consideration. also thanks for listing some free hosting sites jm12mc2, im looking into them now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum