TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Static Design v5 New Release

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153772 Report
Static Design v5 was just launched earlier today, the new release has a lot more features than our previos versions, be shure to check out the forum skin as well.

CnC Please.

http://www.static-design.com

Later,
*darkchaos
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153774 Report
The forum skin is dandy. But on the home page, I don't like the comet shower repeating over and over. Maybe just once or if it's going to loop, have it go like every 15 seconds or something.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153790 Report
Well, the whole thing is done well. Although I don't like that you used some web design cliches... the colors are used all the time, the grid and the crystals are old too... that makes the site look too generic... although everything is done very well. The over-exaggeration of the whole v5 thing is annoying... no one cares what version it is. You can show just how prolific you are by including screenshots of previous layouts in the gallery.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153800 Report
Its biggest problem : The Header.

1) Its huge! Thats a lot of wasted screen space. With that much extra space you can increase the text size for readability....add valuable info/better graphics/shoutbox/latest forums post/latest gallery additions.....etc you get the idea.

2) The header serves no purpose. The animated loop does nothing for the site...not to mention it would cut load times..... and"V5"....the biggest most eye catching graphic on the page means nothing. Being one of the first elements you see in the layout.....you probably want it to be more informative, like a logo/slogan or similar. Even the name of the site would do. It sure would be more effective than the small "static design" at the top (which has been cropped)

Talking about space....you could easily chop ~150 off the top. Not only does it bring up the layout so you get info faster (looks better too) but it also gets rid of the scroll bar (im on 1024/768, opera 7 w/page bar, personal bar & status and i get a scroll)

Also on the forum header.......it says "static design evolution". Where is "evolution" on the home page??
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153831 Report
I think that you should take the header that you have on your "Portal system" and Forums and use that in the front page, gives you more space below to make the font bigger, less busy, and still eye catching.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153873 Report
I think it's nice but as people mentioned above, the header is way too big.....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 1st 2004#154676 Report
I like the color scheme. Head is big, and you don't need the repeating animation. Overall, I like it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 1st 2004#154715 Report
You really need to get a music off button. And if it is already there, please make it easier to see.

For the rest, same as all the others. Repeating all the time is to much and the header is big. I also like it though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum