TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

ASHANE.COM - Portfolio Site Finally Up

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153502 Report
Here it be > ashane.com

:eek: Whew, its been a big while since ive been 'round here...
Check out my huge print portfolio section - I have been doing a BUNCH of ad work for a local newspaper called the Uncommon Sense (one of my designs also)

Lemmie know what you guys think! i also have a web, and paint section too

Thanks abunch.

shane
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153504 Report
Not bad at all mate. I only think that thing in the middle (Forgot the word GDAMNIT) was a little unclear. Maybe strengthen it a bit?
Maybe just my opinion though
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153506 Report
The pallete? Thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153508 Report
Maybe that's the word, I mean that thing that shows your website in the content area :P
Hehe, sometimes my english just stop at the tip of my fingers and never let itself out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153518 Report
its not bad :/ there's some potential there I think, I like the over all colors, but something about the typography and font useage throws me off. I also don't like the background for the content. maybe just go for a solid color, its less destracting.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153541 Report
I agree with Zyconium, it just looks like it needs more polish, I can't place my finger on what it is exactly though.

I hate the tagline though. It's so pretentious and sends the wrong message.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2004#154013 Report
Thanks for all the replies! I pulled the background out of the content area and your right - it looks much cleaner now, thanks. Also, I removed the tagline - now that I look at it Telemakhos, your right on too.

Thnaks!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2004#154048 Report
For starters...the header kinda hurts my eyes. The colors/tracking and nav together create a large amount of contrast. Now the headers not bad......but i think you could use some seperation. The first idea that comes to mind is where the bottom of the text/top of the nav meet. You could use a 1px horiz. line (#989898 or similar to the bottom line on the subnav). It a very minimal change....but it'll help alot. Now the text.....i kinda want to suggest either a small stroke or a small drop shadow (~1px hard edged). The text is too bright, and the BG is too dark, so you need some kinda middle element there to lessen the contrast of the two.

The next thing that really bothers me......is when you click on a link (say portfolio) you end up with a blank page. I understand you need to click the subnav, but the total loss of information below it is just wierd. I get the feeling like your site is undone/under construction etc. You dont have to pack that page with much...just any small indication that the site is still working will help. Possible solutions.....maybe you could add your most recent project with a little description.......or the latest update to the portfolio, something like that. Just a little bit of info to keep the viewers interest.

Also about the portfolio (this is being kinda picky though) more spacing between the thumbnails and the botton of the subnav would help. Something like ~8 pixels. It gives each element a little more breathing room and better focus. I say focus because your thumbs are so close to the subnav.......that as im looking at/scanning the thumbs i get distracted and start reading the subnav again.

Overall though, not bad.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 23rd 2004#154066 Report
Thanks for your input rodder!

I meant for the header to seem like the text "ashane.com" to be "pounched out" - Ill try out a few combinations on that horizon line though - I was alwayse tought that in any type of art, contrast is essential - but Ill play with it a bit.

On the blank page issue, yes its still under construction and im coming up with a better way to work the thumbs as we speak.

Thanks much though for your input!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum