TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

www.ozweegoville.com

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153497 Report
So here I am. Trying as I may to find a half decent layout and yet I'm still dumfounded as to the fact that I still don't like any layouts that I've come up with. Perhaps I should stick to my passion of C++, VB and such however I've taken another stab and a half decent layout. Let me explain the site. Basically it's nothing. Just one big blog. I've got tons of open source code that I'm about to upload with php, directX and such but I don't want it to be anything to big or fancy. Anywho .. lay it on me. Constructive feedback is greatly appreciated ..

www.ozweegoville.com

Thanks a bunch,
theMayor
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153498 Report
i like it..nice color scheme
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153507 Report
I liked it. Nice color scheme as Sunk said.
Have a few things to complain about tho, the corners at the bottom should be smoother when you are going to make them "round". And what's with those lines sticking out of your design?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153524 Report
As for the lines, I suppose I see that now however I need some way to seperate all the content and such ... any ideas on how to do that cleanly?

thanks again!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153527 Report
Smooth out the bottom corners, and work on the text, it's very hard to read. Very small, and the leading is way too close together. You can use CSS to increase the "line-height" which will make it a whole lot easier to read. It would also be a bit easier to read if the lines were slightly wider and had more whitespace around them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153552 Report
ON the bottom right iFrame, where I clicked "Random Thoughts", the text was basically black on dark dark dark gray, making it unreadable until I hilighted it. Stick to designing, this is definatly some of your best work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153572 Report
Any suggestions in font? I need one that come standard that is clear, ledgible and of course clean.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153578 Report
Verdana is a good screen font. 11px is a good size. With 1.6em linespacing. It's a good idea to set your text in ems however, so it can be resized easily in IE. But to make sure the size is roughly the same on all browsers, you have to set a percentage in the body first.

http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/typography/

there is a guide on how to set size with ems.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153580 Report
CSS I presume? Sure would be nice to have an html to CSS compliant converter! But thanks, verdena does look good
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum