TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Creative Portfolio 1994-2004

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 14th 2004#153308 Report
Hello!
THis site will show everything that I've done for the latest ten years. It's illustrations, record releases, graphic design and other stuff. The site is only in Swedish but I don't think that the images will need to be translated However, I'm gonna make an english version of the site in a short future. And some glossary.. Illustrations is Illustrationer in Swedish and Gallery is Galleri in Swedish. So it's not really that hard. Tell me what you think!

www.johnnyr.org

/Johnny
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 14th 2004#153309 Report
very nice illustrations - I love them all. You really should add an english version - there's a lot of people who would like to read what you wrote there
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2004#153390 Report
Thanks Mihai! I've added a short English information and biography on the HTML site. Just click the UK flag. The rest in on its way.

/Johnny
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2004#153410 Report
Dang, slow server, but I think that is just because it is on the other side of the world from me. :p As for the portfolio, everything looks VERY good, I am digging it. On Illustrations, on the 2nd row, first column, what does that comic say? :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 15th 2004#153414 Report
The illustrations is actually a self portrait. Here's the story:
An editor for a publishing company called me up and asked me if I could make around 30 illustrations for a new book. I said yes. Then he told me that the deadline was in two weeks and that he needed everything in just ten days...

The book was a guide for Project leaders and how to lead bigger projects. The chapter which I made the selfportrait for was called "Watch out for Time Optimists". The editor just laughed but took it and published it. Quite fun..

The words in the illustration are:

- I need 25 illustrations, how much time do you need?
- Well.. Tomorrow?

/Johnny
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153511 Report
That's really nice. I really enjoyed your site!

mycket mycket bra ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153513 Report
Having that character's face on the splash page and all through the loadings makes me think he'll be a big part of the site. He isn't. Not that that's a totally bad thing - but it might be better to integrate more characters into the site design, or at least make that character your mascot.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153515 Report
You may have a point there! Should I use it more like a logo on the top of each page?

And I have to say, I really appreciate constructive critics! This is my second attempt to make a website (my first one is www.davidpanda.com) and I'm still learning. If some else has any more thoughts on how I should change the site in any way, don't hesitate to contact me.

And.. The face is a portrait of myself! I made it in -94 so I thought it was perfect for promoting the site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 16th 2004#153517 Report
Mycket bra jobbat johnny!

I really dig your illustrations.
One thing that bothered me a bit was in the HTML version you don't have a bottom to your site.
I really want to scroll down but that's not bossible, just make something at the bottom so that you see that it actually ends.
And if you go in to minor details, the flash site has a 1 px black border around it except for the right side.
But as said, minor details!
Some of you illustrations reminds me a bit of those The far side comics which I love so much.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum