TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

carldesigns.net

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 13th 2004#153240 Report
CarlDesigns.net

Here is a sneak peak at my new upcoming site that I will be doing. Please leave me comments on what you think.

It will be up on its actual name in about 4 or so days. There will be more content once I get the site up to its own folder.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 14th 2004#153318 Report
I like the colors and everything and it's a nice site.

The only thing I would change is the formatting of the text. Centered text just looks bad; also the formatting of the text in the, for example, designs section is poor. I would create a list and not just stick them there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 14th 2004#153320 Report
k, thank you for your comment. I have to agree with you on that. This will be one of the things I will fix. I plan also to add flash drop menus from the navigation so that will eliminate those links in the content area.

I am having one problem, maybe some one can help me with. I set the bottom margin to 0 pixels but still have a hardley noticable gap. at the bottom of the page. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 17th 2004#153625 Report
no one has anything else to say about this layout?????? come one I want to hear your opinions. This helps me to do better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 17th 2004#153635 Report
Perhaps you should make some revisions and then repost it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 17th 2004#153669 Report
I really like it. I like the colors, though a little dark and bland, sometimes that looks really good.... The only suggestion that i have would be to maybe spice up the news/content area a little. Other than that I think it looks pretty good :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 18th 2004#153722 Report
[QUOTE=Telemakhos]I like the colors and everything and it's a nice site.

The only thing I would change is the formatting of the text. Centered text just looks bad; also the formatting of the text in the, for example, designs section is poor. I would create a list and not just stick them there.[/QUOTE]

I reformatted the text by not making it center. and i added a vertical drop menu on the designs link which doesnt link to anything yet. Thank you very much for that advice and I have to say I did agree with what you said in that quote. Im still waiting on my buddy who has the server to get this site up. So maybe it will be up in a few more days and there will be alot more content.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 18th 2004#153727 Report
I don't like the font choice for the main headers. Choose a slinky serif.

The design suffers a little from a lack of personality too. Grey is a little too prevalent in the overall scheme, perhaps spicing it up with a rich colour or even a zesty colour.

Lose the appalling stock image. Really naff.

The design is neat enough, it's a tried and tested formula. I would urge you to use a CSS based design when coding up. It seems to lend itself to that formula rather well (whether a coincidence or not it's a good point).
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum