TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Forum Frenzy

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 5th 2004#152482 Report
Me and the admins i chose spiced this website up a bit. Give comments about it and LOOK EVERYWHERE! There is a Magic 8 Ball at the bottom of the page.

http://s7.invisionfree.com/Forum_Frenzy/index.php?act=idx
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2004#152488 Report
Hmm...looks pretty good, considering I hear that Invision Free has some limitations. I'm not exactly sure though. I would recommend a smaller banner. Your "Forum Frenzy" banner takes up my whole window (not maximised). When my browser is maximized, that banner takes up half of my screen. You should also change the graphics next to the forums on the Board Index page. They 'ipb' buttons in blue just don't match. They need better blending in, also. Overall, I like the color scheme. It would be good for you to anti-alias the graphics and make them blend in.

Pretty good. You might also want to make the forum more compact. I can't see the whole thing unless I maximize my browser. I don't like maximizing my browser, and I would suspect I'm not the only one.

Again, it's good. I know skinning IPB is tedious and long, because I'm working on a skin myself. Nice work so far.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2004#152517 Report
[QUOTE='Allanon[Druid]']Hmm...looks pretty good, considering I hear that Invision Free has some limitations. I'm not exactly sure though. I would recommend a smaller banner. Your "Forum Frenzy" banner takes up my whole window (not maximised). When my browser is maximized, that banner takes up half of my screen. You should also change the graphics next to the forums on the Board Index page. They 'ipb' buttons in blue just don't match. They need better blending in, also. Overall, I like the color scheme. It would be good for you to anti-alias the graphics and make them blend in.

Pretty good. You might also want to make the forum more compact. I can't see the whole thing unless I maximize my browser. I don't like maximizing my browser, and I would suspect I'm not the only one.

Again, it's good. I know skinning IPB is tedious and long, because I'm working on a skin myself. Nice work so far.[/QUOTE]

I agree...logo/banner is too big, i would size it down maybe center align in...and maybe make the bgcolor of the whole forum white it's much easier to read...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2004#152539 Report
No, that doesn't look good at all.

If you are serious about this community you have going, why not just spend $4/month on some cheap hosting, so you don't have to host it on invisionfree.com? It iwll get rid of those ads...

As for the layout, it looks like you just downloaded a skin, installed it, and then tried to mod it a bit. What is with that orange image in the middle of a grey bar (on the left, in the category bars)? The new/no new posts images look terrible...

Also, one thing about forums - you start with a handful of categories and forums, and then build from there. You should have about five forums, not twenty plus... As the demand grows for a certain forum, THEN you make it. Starting with that many forums chases away potential members, and makes navigation a real pain.

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 6th 2004#152586 Report
not twenty plus...

I agree entirely. Would you rather people see a forum with an average of 2 posts per topic, or perhaps a smaller topic list but with a much larger post count. People are going to end up flocking to one topic anyways, why bother spread out their posts when they're all practicaly the same people.

I don't like personal forums, and I have yet to find one that wasn't amateurish. Is there a point to that 'magic 8 ball', or is it just something neat you figured people might get a kick out of?

As far as design, I see nothing special.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 6th 2004#152590 Report
Yeah actually, now that Nostalgia brings it up, it does look like you installed a skin and tried to mod off it. And you still have a lot of work to go. On Topic View, until your post header (I won't get technical with IPB terms, because I know most people here aren't familiar with skinning IPB), you have the light blue bar that is from the original IPB skin. The white text is unreadable without selecting it. I either suggest changing the color from light blue to something dark, or changing the class of the text there so that only the text there is a different color while in other places, it stays white.
And in the place where you can see which members are viewing the topic, it is tiling a gradient. A gradient way too small to look good. Atleast make the gradient as long as your forum width, otherwise it looks terrible.

Big switch from my first post, must've been sick or something. Work a bit harder on it, then show us something with more quality.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 8th 2004#152738 Report
now that's a ****load of forums for 17 registered persons. Like Yacovitch said, I would make lesser sections, cause seriously this is too big and people will get lost or simply bored.
The banner doesn't work for me. It's defenitely too big and filterish for my tastes. As for the forums skin its nothing special, but if you didn't even do it, then I recommend you to maybe look more around and if you did make it, try improving it (like the buttons and stuff).
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2004#154799 Report
well another admin put all of those there
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2004#154814 Report
The fact that another person put it there doesn't make it any less your fault that it's there.

also, you should check to see that you're compliant with standards... i opened it in firefox and the whole eight ball thing looked incredibly out of whack. It only worked in IE... that's not a good thing.

I think the others have said enoguh about duelistrealm.com. I agree with them. Especially ont he number of sections on the board. Too many.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2004#154848 Report
Magic 8ball? I was expecting some crazy cool graphic/flash animation... I get an empty forum and a javascript that uses basic alerts... sorry, long day at work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum